Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot add more than 1 to a particular product

Hi Everybody

I cannot find out why I cannot add more than 1 to my basket, in this case, ipod pack where on every other product I can add any number I like. I have been customising the extended information page for this particular product using Dreamweaver and the only thing I can think of is I have overwritten some code to do with the quantity function. URL is below,

http://212.106.97.187/cgi-bin/ca0000...CTION=SHOWCART

any advice, suggestions?

Regards

Steve

revert the extended info code back to factory settings and retest, if it works carefully add your customisations again until you find the fault

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I will do that, when I edit the page in Dreamweaver I just plonk all my html code where the extended info text should be after deleting the extendedinfopage variable. Is this the correct method?

I have been struggling with the customisation of pages in Actinic. I have a lot of reading material here but I think it is confusing me!

Regards

Steve

Comment

What is the code you are trying to put in the layout in place of the variable and selector? The correct way to go about making changes would be to go into 'Design | Library' select the appropriate layout and make a copy of it. You can then edit the copy till you get it to work correctly and can have a few specific products using that layout so that you can test.

Like earlier advised, replace Actinic variables / layouts etc with your code but do it step by step so that you can see what is causing it to break.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Thanks for your help, after 5 minutes talking to you I had everything solved! I don’t know if what I did was the correct method but I guess if it works then so be it!

Method used was as follows:

I went to the product I wanted to customise, went to PRODUCT LAYOUT (as opposed to Overall Layout), selected NEW gave it a name and based it on image on the left.
          I then went to the Design part of the product and edited the product part in Dreamweaver by adding my own code. To get more control and customise it further I had to delete 2 “variables” in actinic which was the full description variable and the image part to get rid of unwanted white space.

I uploaded the site and tested and everything worked okay.

I still have a lot to learn with Actinic but thanks for putting me on the right path, no doubt I shall be in touch again.

Steve

http://212.106.97.187
          Last edited by Stevet; 27-Apr-2007, 01:51 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Working...
          X