Newbie here - considering purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here - considering purchase

Have downloaded trial and used for 30 days. Actinic certainly delivers most of the functionality required.

What advice can relative new users offer regarding learning and understanding the terminology used (sections, fragments, attributes etc etc)?

It is the complexity caused by not being able to relate to these terms that is making me nervous about making a purchase. There does not appear to be a manual (other than the basic one that came with the trial). This is more of a workbook and only covers some of the more simplistic actions required.

How about more detailed instructions on how to set up a hierarchical import? I have 5,000 product details to load including colour and size.

No doubt many other potential purchasers have had the same concerns so what can you advise?

Your comments would be most appreciated.

Richard
    Richard Hodgson
    Fantasy
    www.whatsyourfantasy.co.uk

Welcome Richard.

Take time to look through the help file in Actinic, these forums, the knowledgebase and the advanced user guide from here:
    http://downloads.actinic.com/docs/us...cedguide_8.zip

Otherwise if you still can't find what you want to know just ask - many willing responders here.

Comment

Thanks again

Dear drounding

I have had more time to review your response today so have clicked on the links below your reply, to discover you have an excellent web site developed in Actinic. I am very impressed and this has given me more motivation to purchase software from Actinic than anything else.

Funnily my site will also sell lingerie and club wear. My only remaining question is why do you not sell products from other suppliers? I see you feature Dreamgirl only.

We have had an online presence for 4 years and I am certain that the Actinic software will help to promote our business.

Hope business is good.

Regards
      Richard Hodgson
      Fantasy
      www.whatsyourfantasy.co.uk

Comment

Duncan,

I must say that I think your site is superb also -- it's got to be the best Actinic site I've seen so far.

Pictures are crisp, and the layout is clean and clear.

Many a late night, me thinks, putting that one together.

Nice one (can you feel the love)?

Comment

There's another post today in praise of Duncans designs. See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28077 and try the links on post #4. I see a few of my techy add-ons there (which are easy for me). However I can only look in awe at good design skills (as I have none whatsoever).
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

More praise for Duncan from me too.

He helped me solve a problem I was having with variables and I recommend him with no hesitation.

Richard - when I first got Actinic, I was a bit puzzled about the interface (I started when it was only v6). The first thing I did was to delete all of the demo content and work through the getting started guide setting up all of the examples from scratch. I found this helped me no end.

I still sometimes get confused with Attributes, Components and Choices. But I find the help files (Help | Help Topics) are clear and soon set me on the right path again.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              However I can only look in awe at good design skills (as I have none whatsoever).
              Yea, but you're a more of a 'under the bonnet' type of guy Norman.

There is a great mix of people on here. I have no idea why it's not more friendly sometimes...

Comment

Working...
              X