discount voucher box gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discount voucher box gone!

The input box on the website where customers can enter their discount code seems to have disappeared.
    I have checked that the voucher code is enabled and the dates in restricions are set correctly.
    Is there anywhere else I could have accidently switched it off? We had a voucher box last month before upgrading to v8.5

any ideas?
    thanks
    Located - Sunny Kent
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Go to 'Marketing | Discounts and Surcharge settings' and click on the 'miscellaneous' tab, here you can set where to allow 'Coupon Code entry'.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce
      thanks for getting back so quickly.
      I have the "checkout" box ticked for that already. Thats where the input always was before.

Just treid something to see what happens
      Have checked the "shopping cart" box as well and uploaded. This results in a voucher input box in the shopping cart and it also re appears in the checkout!

If I uncheck the "shopping cart" box and upload BOTH voucher input boxes disappear!!

Is it me or do I have an albetross hanging round my neck??
      Last edited by mizz_s; 25-Apr-2007, 08:43 PM. Reason: Have tried an experiment
      Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

On the Design Tab, use the 'Select Page Type' drop down to select 'Checkout Page 1', if you click within the shopping cart area in the preview, you should see that in the 'Layout Code' area, it should indicate 'Order 01 Bulk Area', here on line 23 you should have 'Coupon Entry Field' as a selector right after 'Invoice address fields' and before 'Simple tax phase'.

If this is not there you can right click in the area and select 'insert layout' and select 'CheckoutArea', tick 'Use Fixed Layout' then select 'Coupon Enrty Field' and click insert. Apply and update.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

If you have not made many changes in this area, then go to 'Design | Library | Layout', expand 'Checkout area' and right click on 'Coupon Entry Field' and select 'Revert to Factory Layout'.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hmmm
            in the layout code window I can see the code for the coupon entry box it starts on line 246
            <!-- Coupon entry code begin -->
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AllowCoupon%22%20%2f%3e" />
            <span class="actregular"><b><actinic:variable name="CouponTitle"/></b></span><br><br>
            <actinic:variable name="CouponMessage"/>
            <table border="0" width="<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH"/>" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
            <tr>
            <td bgcolor="<actinic:variable name="CheckoutBG"/>"><actinic:variable name="CouponCaption"/></td>
            <td bgcolor="<actinic:variable name="CheckoutBG"/>">
            <input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="20" maxlength="255" value="<actinic:variable name="CouponCode"/>">
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>
            <p>
            <hr size="1" align="CENTER" width="<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH"/>">
            </actinic:block>

<!-- Coupon entry code end -->

it comes after

<!-- Invoice contact HTML end -->
            and before the tax bit

However it doesnt show in the page preview.
            Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

doing a Brittney

Just thought I would try something else.
              I have gone back into misc tab unchecked "checkout" and ticked "shopping cart"

Uploaded

have voucher input box in both shopping cart and checkout!

I will leave it as it is as it seems to function, even though I don't undrstand why!
              Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Working...
              X