Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog Suspended Text

Hi,

I am having trouble with the "catalog suspended" text.

I have changed it via the "text" menu (Phase -1 ID: 335)

but it does not change on any of the pages, even when going to the variable in code view and right clicking > find text it will take me to the edited text.

Why does it not change?

Also what is the text in Phase -1 ID: 2077 for?

I have made my own variable for now to show my desired message.

Thanks

Dan
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

It is also doing it for the "Items" text (Phase -1 ID:2213)

Comment

I have also noticed that most changes i make through a GUI menu e.g: using the "Site Options" menu doesnt actually change the item that i am trying to change.

Some things work and others dont.

I have just tried to change the layout of the new products list on my from page and found the section lableled "New Product" found the item that had all of the layouts listed underneath it, changed it....

nothing on my page changed.

changed it to something else, still no page change.

and now, as i try to get back to actinic to do some more work, its crashed, for the second time in 30 minutes. This all seems to have started now i am using the most up to date version.

Comment

Dan

Just checking - have you definitely selected 'Suspended' in 'Business Settings | Ordering'?

With regards to the 'Site Options' issue - the way the default Actinic design (Executive) works is that some of the layouts are 'fixed' to always look a certain way as they are the only sort of layout that works with that design.

If you want to 'unfix' them:
        1. Click on the thing in the Preview in the Design tab that you want to change
        2. Click the 'Navigate to Parent Layout' button on the toolbar in the 'Layout Code' panel. This is a yellow spiral with an up arrow on it.
        3. You should now be highlighting a pink piece of text in the layout code (if you're not, try pressting the button again). This is 'layout selector' which is responsible for inserting a layout into the design.
        4. If the layout selector looks something like 'New Product List With Horizontal Dividers', right-click on it and select 'Edit Appearance'.
        5. Where it says 'Use Fixed Layout' change this setting to 'No'.
        6. Click 'OK' and then click 'Apply' and the setting in Site Options should now change the layout that appears in the desgn.

Comment

Need to exit Actinic

I am having trouble with the "catalog suspended" text.

I have changed it via the "text" menu (Phase -1 ID: 335)

but it does not change on any of the pages

I have found that you need to exit out of Actinic and upon going back in you will see the changes you applied for such items as the catalog suspended and out of stock text.

I hope that helps someone - it drove me nuts!

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X