Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic wont run or install

Hi all,

I have just started using Actinic and have come across some major problems.

I had it installed, but as I am using Vista, tried to move the installation so that I could use the dreamweaver plugin.

After that, i found that the program would not work, when I tried to run it, I got an error saying that the database could not be found, and when i clicked ok, the program would just exit.

I spent an age trying to sort this out, and now have another problem. I couldnt tell you how I have got to this stage, because I was up until the early hours this morning, and have lost track of what I have done.

Now, I have the program in my Installed Programs list, under add/remove programs, but its not listed anywhere when you click 'Start' and 'All Programs'.

I have tried to uninstall it, but then get an error saying that the INSTALL.LOG file could not be found.

I have tried just deleting everything in the folder, and then installing again, but the same thing happens. Even when i do that, i get a message during the installation saying that i am upgrading, when i have no idea where its upgrading from, because as far am concerned, its not on the computer any more.

Any help on how to get it to work would be extremely appreciated, as the deadline for the project is pretty close now, and I need to get some work done on it.

Thanks for reading this far.

EDIT:

Ok, just tried running dreamweaver, and tried the plugin and it came up with a registry error, then the error saying that the database could not be found.

Also, now none of my menus in dreamweaver will work, and it wont close down properly. Whats going on

Here are a couple of threads that describe other peoples experiences with v8 and vista, I suspect that indirectly they may help.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=29306
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=29365

you may need to clear your registry, and possibly put a dummy install.log in place so the uninstall can remove it

But in your shoes I'd use an XP PC

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please tell me how to put in a dummy install.log and where i should put it?

I have tried using a file recovery tool to find the file, but it doesnt seem to work.

Also, where would it be in the registry, as I have tried to get all the Actinic items in there, but when i try to run the program from dreamweaver i get an error saying that the program is unable to open the registry key for site1.

Many thanks again

Comment

post 7 in one of the threads I gave you, holds the registry answer.

Did you look at those posts?

Comment

Oh yeh thanks, right, i have done that, but still have Accountsinterface and Sage in there, could I just delete the whole folder?

Its still throwing up the error about the install file. Is there anyway to uninstall it?

Comment

If you want to completely remove every instance of actinic then delete:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\

Please be careful when doing this because it can cause major problem if you delete the wrong key or something.

After the Actinic keys have been deleted you can delete the folders from Program Files.
            Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
            X