Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking using NumericOrderTotalCGI

Hi,

I have started using NumericOrderTotalCGI as the variable for tracking revenue as i needed the order value tracked in pounds as opposed to in pence (which is what ActinicOrderTotal did).

I have used this variable in several tracking scripts including my affiliate scheme, google analytics and google conversion tracking. Using this variable worked fine for the affilaite trakcing and passed the full value of the sale including shipping etc (the test order i put through came to £6.98), however in my analytics report the value shows at £6 - just wondering if anyone knew why this might be?

Kind Regards
    Jon
    Design2Please
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

From looking at other sales that have gone through since implementing this it appears that for some reason google seems to onl read the value in pounds when using NumericOrderTotalCgi eg £6.98 is read by Google as £6 and £25.98 as £20.

In the tracking I have added for my affiliate program the full value is passed including the pence eg £6.98 shows as £6.98 - Does anyone know why Google might read the NumericOrderTotalCgi variable differently?

Kind Regards
    Jon
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Comment

Hi Jon

Have you tried using "FormattedOrderTotalCGI" to see if that works, if you have not tried that please do and let us know what happens

Kind Regards
      Kiran Chandran
      Technical Support - SellerDeck
      http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Hi Kiran,

I have not tried this yet but I will check tonight and keep you informed.

Regards
        Jon
        www.designtoplease.co.uk
        www.getmeoutofahole.com
        www.toys4james.co.uk
        Located in Herts

Comment

Hi Kiran,

unfortunatley this did not work - it resulted in analytics and adwords conversion reports showing a value much greater than the actual sale value (this must be due to the way adwords reads the formatted version).

I have changed the value back to NumericOrderTotalCgi for now as it least this provides the correct pounds although obviously the pence get missed off.

Any other suggestions are wlecome.

Regards
          Jon
          Jon
          www.designtoplease.co.uk
          www.getmeoutofahole.com
          www.toys4james.co.uk
          Located in Herts

Comment

Working...
          X