Actinic and MYOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic and MYOB

We're evaluating Catalog 8.5 with a view to using it instead of Marketworks in the future. Our accounts system is based on MYOB. I'm interested to know if anyone has had any success in exporting transactions to MYOB from Actinic.

I have had a quick search through the forum but the only other reference I found to this issue was several years old. I'm hoping since then someone has managed to achieve something!

We're mainly a Mac-based operation and we use MYOB on the Mac but this shouldn't be a problem since our Macs and PCs are all connected to the same server.

At the moment, we double-enter everything and produce the invoices and shipping labels in MYOB, using the Marketworks invoice only as an internal reference. If we're going to make a big shift to a new platform, cutting out this part of the processing effort would be very welcome. There is another issue though (perhaps I should post this as another thread) and that's the ability to customise the invoice layout in Actinic - i.e. you can't, as far as I can see. As I recall, the reason we never used the Marketworks invoice in the first place was partly because of this; our invoices have our house 'style' with colour and a logo etc and our shipping labels are printed at 18 point and include return address information on them.

Justin
    -
    Justin Hill (Half-to-three-quarters-baked Mac expert, laptop evangelist and vintage Hammond enthusiast)
    http://www.cka-net.com

You can edit invoices if you use crystal reports version 8.5 (this is not the current version and newer versions will not work), there are also a couple of people on the forum that offer a report customisation service.

We haven't exported to MYOB but have exported to many other systems, the key is that the recipient tool will ideally have the capability to import from a text file, we write custom programs in C++ to do this and again a couple of other people on here offer the same service.

You can also export orders into text files from Actinic, you could modify these to be in the format you require for MYOB.

Actually, an option some people use it to export from Actinic to Sage or Quickbooks using the link programs supplied by Actinic and then export onto other apps from there.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X