Metatags - OK now I am cross!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metatags - OK now I am cross!

V8.5 does look quite good .... but why did they have to delete all the metatags.

Can I retrieve my metatgs from my earlier site?

Can I Bill Actinic for the thousand or so pounds I have paid on SEO consultancy getting metatags, descriptions titles etc right, only to have them disappear?

BTW all my shops were number one on Google in the relevant categories until last night, if I loose my position, can I sue Actinic?

Please tell me there is a way round this.

S
    Sally Dickson
    Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
    The Official Paddington Bear Shop
    The Official Bang on the Door Shop
    The Official Flower Fairies Shop
    The Official Miffy shop
    The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
    www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
    Ebay
    Amazon:

Can I retrieve my metatags from my earlier site.
    If your earlier site is V7 or below, then it's still there on your backoffice system. Actinic never alters anything in older sites when you upgrade to a new version. Your V7 installation is still there and you can run both V7 and V8 at once and copy / paste betweeen them.

If you've updated between one version of V8 and another and you've lost content I'd be very surprised. Even then there's nothing to stop you from installing the older version of Actinic onto a spare system and restoring a prior Snapshot or backup onto that.

As to suing Actinic, it would be better to be completely sure that it wasn't you or your SEO people made any mistakes before using such strong language. In any event you might want to check the software license agreement that you undoubtedly ticked without reading when you installed.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sounds like an empty, incorrect and misdirected rant to me.
      It's about 4 million to one that actinic has deleted these.
      Its far more likely that they were not put in correctly or they are there and you are being blind.

If there were to be any suing, i'd suggest it would be against you for unsubstantiated slurs.

Id suggest confirming that the variables that bring them into the code are evident in the outer layout and also that they still exist in each section.

Do let us know, what happened, once you've found them.

Comment

metatags, descriptions titles etc right, only to have them disappear?
        AS said by others - the upgrader will not remove these and will still be there in your v7 site. It would be worth double checking that they were entered correctly in the first place.

Comment

Working...
        X