Ho77sting Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho77sting Suggestions

Hi - I'm looking to move my site (when the new version is ready..) to a dedicated server. For a while now we've been on a Fasthosts shared server, and I've been talking to them about moving to one of their dedicated servers.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience of them for this?
    Roughly they offer a DS 120gigs for £67 a month.

My concern is being able to set everything up to work with Actinic - they charge a £47 setup fee, so I presume they will set the server up as I dont really have that much knowledge about this. Support can be a little difficult with Fasthosts in my experience - last year we had our entire site moved three times without being told and stuffed onto a server with the wrong permissions setup so nothing worked - and it took them days to resolve it...but then again that's my fault for paying £29 a month on a shared server!

My site currently has about 4 gigs (mostly MP3s we sell) and I'd expect that to increase to maybe around 8 gigs this year. We're relaunching the whole site hopefully within next 6 weeks so difficult to estimate the bandwith we'll need. Some companies seem to limit this - others like Fasthosts or Streamline say "no limit".

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks
    Jonny
    YoPo Music - the UK non-MCPS buyout production music library.
    www.yopo.co.uk

Roughly they offer a DS 120gigs for £67 a month.
    this is abit of the red herring re costing a potential DS.

A web server doesn't require anything like the disk space a desktop PC does. If your website is expected to grow to 8gb then a DS with 120gb isn't really a good comparison. You need to be looking at the memory and processor power, and availability of BW, and support

there's more info re DSs here

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28963

Comment

Working...
    X