Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding boxes on left and right

Hi all,

I'm aware that this has been covered many times before using V7 on the smart theme, but can the same be done if i am using V8.5.0 with the smart theme?

I've looked through some of the postings which relate to V7, but not sure if they are appropriate for V850.

Any ideas/prompts

Thanks again
    www.elitex.co.uk - Computer hardware, peripherals and components.

The instructions for v7 pretty much hold the same ... find the fragments of code being referred to and copy and paste as per the v7 instructions .... the only difference in v8 there are no external Act_templates.html ... instead you need to simply navigate under the design tab to the uppermost "outer layout" and paste the code there rather than the Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary and Act_PrimaryCheckout templates.

Best to take a copy of the outer layout in the library first before making any changes... a full site snapshot would not go amiss either.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      The instructions for v7 pretty much hold the same ... find the fragments of code being referred to and copy and paste as per the v7 instructions .... the only difference in v8 there are no external Act_templates.html ... instead you need to simply navigate under the design tab to the uppermost "outer layout" and paste the code there rather than the Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary and Act_PrimaryCheckout templates.

Best to take a copy of the outer layout in the library first before making any changes... a full site snapshot would not go amiss either.

Thanks Jont,

I didn't want to start messing around with the "unknown" !!

www.elitex.co.uk - Computer hardware, peripherals and components.

Comment

Working...
      X