Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts and Product Groups

Hi,

I am trying to set up some discounts and special offer things for some of my products and am getting confused on what "product groups" and "discounts" are for.

I understand that you can have many discounts under each product catagory but why?

Would that be so you could have for instance 10% off if you spend £100, 20% off if you spend £200?

When i create a product group with 2 or more discounts in, when i set the product in that group, in its discount tab they are greyed out and i cannot change them or do anythign to them, is this correct?

What i want to be able to do is create a group called "Money off" and have different values that i can select, e.g. £10 off, £15 off, £20 off.

Can i do this by making different discounts inside a product group or do i have to create a new product group for each value???

Thanks
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Hi Dan

Will attempt to answer these one by one.

am getting confused on what "product groups" and "discounts" are for.
    Product groups are used to create a classification for products that trigger a particular discount. For instance, if you are running a sale on certain items alone, you can put these into 1 group and set one or multiple discounts for them in one go.

When i create a product group with 2 or more discounts in, when i set the product in that group, in its discount tab they are greyed out and i cannot change them or do anythign to them, is this correct?
    Yes, but it does allow you to change which discounts the product is a part of. If for instance, you choose none from the drop-down, you will see the product will be removed from that product group completely. Similarily, if you choose a different discount, it will be moved to the corresponding group.
    Please note, that a product can be part of only one product group at a time.

could have for instance 10% off if you spend £100, 20% off if you spend £200?
    This is possible. You can create one product group and associate it with multiple discounts. As you have mentioned above, you can create the discounts with different triggers of £100, £200, and so on, and specify the discount amount for them. You will need to choose Money Off from the Product Group drop-down beneath the coupon code field each time.

Please remember to create the discounts in reverse order, i.e the discount with the highest trigger amount at the top, ending with the lowest one. The reason for this being, Actinic will check the order totals against the available discounts from top down, and stop at the applicable one.

Hope this helps.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Wow, thanks

That has helped a LOT!!!! will use my new learnt knowledge next time I am in the office.

Thanks

Just another question about my last bit:
      "What i want to be able to do is create a group called "Money off" and have different values that i can select, e.g. £10 off, £15 off, £20 off."

is that possible, so i could have say 3 products that all have money off them, but they each have a different amount.

for example:

item 1 has £1 off
      item 2 has £50 off
      item 3 has £10 off

Bash
      Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

Morning Dan

...so i could have say 3 products that all have money off them, but they each have a different amount.
        Aah, I understand the requirement now. Yes, in this case you will need to assign these 3 products to different groups, because a discount set for one product group is applicable for all the products within that group, as long as the required trigger is met.

Hope this helps.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X