Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email to a friend; advice needed

Hello,

I want to set up my own "tell a friend" system, coz the one provided in the AUG is just useless crap.
    I would need to make a specialized version of the ContactUsInnerLayout and create a new page that would host this, let's call it, TellAFriendInnerLayout. That would also mean adapting a second version of the MailForm.pl script.

I can't figure out any way to make a knew layout based on a preexisting one, like this ContactUsInnerLayout. Each time I've tried, changes made to renamed layout were reflected in the original layout as well. And I had to revert to the original version for fear of screwing everything up. Likewise for a new page; it seems impossible to create a page that would not belong in the predefined page types (ie content page, contact us...). I want the new page to be totally independent of any page types, s'that possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lazyeye

Are you selecting the layout in design library, right clicking on existing layout and selecting "new layout" based on "...."?

Comment

Well, I created in the Web Page Inner Layout branch of the library's layouts tree, a Tell A Friend Bulk Area and a TellAFriendInnerLayout both of which are based on, respectively, the Contact Us Bulk Area and the ContactUsInnerLayout. So far so good, right? But I need a new page type, agree? So, how can I create this new page type?

Lazyeye

Comment

I may be missing something here but if you want to implement a 'tell a friend' link, isn't this better embedded into the product layout? If each product has a subtle unobtrusive instance, it can be set to grab the url and add the correct page anchor then?

If i'm misunderstanding, i apologise, however i can't really get a picture of what you want to do. Tell a friend items are product specific generally in my eyes.

Comment

True, the Tell a Friend LINK is with the product. But when you click on it you are, as in any online store, directed to a page where you can enter your email, your friend'', your name, your friend's and an optional message, you know... That's a special purpose page, that's the page I'm talking about.

Comment

ok, I think I got it...

Comment

Working...
            X