Image Locations - Quick Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Locations - Quick Question...

I am pulling images into Actinic that are within my images folder on my computer's hdd and when uploading it tells me that I need to move them to the Actinic parent directory??

I need to host them on my website don't I? But how do I link to this picture in "Image" within the General tab in product details for my website? My Actinic manual doesn't explain how to do this?

Thanks for any help...

Create a folder called 'ProductPictures' within your site1 folder, put all of your images within this folder and use them from there. This is the best, most reliable and successful way of doing things.

Comment

Thanks Lee. Once I have done this and post the pictures from there, does it all upload to the website from there (including images?)

Comment

Take Lee's advice & put the image folder in Site 1 directory. Depending on your usage of images, it might be worth while making several image directories - for example, we have a multitude of suppliers and keep each supplier images/logos etc in directories within Site 1 thus:

images-common
        images-supplier1
        images-supplier2
        images-supplier3
        Etc... using the word images as the first part of the directory name keeps 'em all bunched together & makes for quicker navigation to the correct directory.
        www.yandles.co.uk
        www.websilk.co.uk
        Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
        So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

Originally posted by absolute-audio
          Thanks Lee. Once I have done this and post the pictures from there, does it all upload to the website from there (including images?)
          Yes, anything within that folder will automatically upload.

NEVER reference anything (while in actinic), that is not in the site1 folder.

As suggested above, you can create sub directories to make things easier, however be aware that every image must have a unique name as although you separate them into sub-directories, this is not the case, once they are uploaded. They will all get placed into one folder, so MUST have unique names.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys...makes it an awful lot easier!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X