Best way to add a link in Nav bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jont
    Lee - rather than using the relative link would it not be preferable to use the full absolute link to the homepage so it works from the homepage as well?

Only had 4 hours sleep so may be misreading what is wanted
    This is where the confusion started Jont, the home page already has a 'home' link, so your question was asking something that makes no sense. You are basically saying:

Should we absolute it so that it works on the page on which it already exists? The home page link exists, it's in a different colour, but it does already exist. Its a link to that page ie a link to 'index.htm' on the 'shop.htm' page, that the guy wants.

None of my posts have referred to the index.htm file, they were all directed at the shop.html file, which is where the guy wants the link added.

If teaching somebody the actinic functionality is easier than copy/pasting, then i live in a different world.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      As Lee was first on the scene hours ago I will step aside and let him assist with his solution.

Apologies Donald if my suggestion has muddied the waters for you.

No apologies needed at all Jont (& Lee) Neither have muddied the water - it is my inability to grasp what should be the obvious!

First of all, I truly am indebted to both of you in trying to help me out. I have followed both of your multitude of posts in the forum and have learned a lot from them.

I must admit that I find it confusing the way Actinic builds a page/section/snippet using the actinic: variable & CSS etc - this makes for back tracking being hard for the novice such as me - I am happy dabbling in html be it notepad or Dreamweaver (I lied about 'notepad'!)

I will now take another half dozen headache pills, have a coffee, kick the cat, shout at my son, have a lay down and bury my head in the sand for a while.... (maybe I won't kick the cat - my son need an extra shouting at!)
      www.yandles.co.uk
      www.websilk.co.uk
      Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
      So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

Lee - I have sent you an email to avoid Donald's son and cats getting more abuse

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

LOL Donald, you've made me smile.

It is a little difficult getting to grips with how it works. When i can sense that in a post, i try and give the simplest method. In an ideal world you want to use actinics functionality whenever you can, however IMO it can often confuse things further and for your needs, it offers no advantages at all in this case.

Whichever method you use, it will end up the same on the site. Jont's method gets actinic to produce the code i provided, whereas my way, bypasses actinic and i just produce it from the start. Both will function perfectly and have no impact on anything, so do whichever one you are most comfortable with.

If you want to send me a snapshot, i will do it for you, the smile your last post put on my face is certainly worth that. Alternatively, post the code from your layout into here and we can show you.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            LOL Donald, you've made me smile.

If you want to send me a snapshot, i will do it for you, the smile your last post put on my face is certainly worth that.
            Just woken up. Sand in my eyes, legs scratched to blazes from the cat and a black eye from my son (I must try and remember he is 30 with a black belt in something or other...)

Lee - thanks a million. Normally I don't like to be defeated, specially by a computer/software or wife (or son) but in this occasion I will accept your kind offer and send you a snapshot in a few moments...

I will use the enquiries @ address on your website...

Jont: Thanks a million for also attempting to get both my brain cells to cope with the vagrancies of Actinic and helping me along...

On the serious side, we can always find something to moan at, including Actinic BUT and it is a big but - our Actinic site has only been live for just over 4 weeks and it is earning well beyond anticipated expectations already. Thany all at Actinic - now get yer heads down and back to the grindstone and get 8.5.1 off beta....!
            www.yandles.co.uk
            www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Lee Email sent... No hurry - any time in the next 2 - 3 minutes will do!
              www.yandles.co.uk
              www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Email replied to with clear instructions, i cannot do this for you as you are not on the same version as me. However i upgraded your site and did it manually myself and it worked fine.

Just follow my email steps and it will work as you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  Email replied to with clear instructions, i cannot do this for you as you are not on the same version as me. However i upgraded your site and did it manually myself and it worked fine.

Just follow my email steps and it will work as you wish.
                  Well - that WAS within the 3 minutes! Not a bad bit of service!

I thought that my version, V8.5.0 was the latest.

Lee, many thanks for your care. Very generous of you to give me some of your private time. It truly is appreciated.

When I get to to the great Actinic Platform in the sky, I will put in a good word for you!

Regards
                  www.yandles.co.uk
                  www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Gray
                    When I get to to the great Actinic Platform in the sky, I will put in a good word for you!
                    It's down to that place mate, with lots of fire around.

Comment

Everything working like a dream... Thanks for your help Lee

Also thanks to Jont...
                      www.yandles.co.uk
                      www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Glad you got it sorted Donald

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                        X