Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

network setting in V7 and V8 are they the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network setting in V7 and V8 are they the same?

Sorry for posting this again but i am going mad here i appreciate your help and i do realise other users need help as well but sice i moved to V8 i am haveing no end of problems as below:

are the network settings set up in V8 and V7 are the same process as i can run a test ok in V7 but when i run a test in V8 with the same settings i get a cgi error.

Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

not sure if i am missing something i have tried a different CGI scrip number from that in V7 but it makes no difference. i have run web site configuration. and it goes right through the process and seems fine but when i run a test i get the same error message as above.

also when i update or refresh the site in V8 Norton pops up saying its blocked an intrusion from catalog.exe,

where am i going wrong

In the network setting try incrementing the script ID number by 1 to see if that resolves.

v8 is effectively a different program to v7 and Norton sees it as such .... open Norton and add the catalog.exe under the Actinic v8 folder to the allowed programs ... this could also be the cause of the test if Norton is blocking access to the server.

All other network settings will remain the same as per your v7 install

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Problem solved with Norton still having problem with CGI Scipt, uploaded test site i get the error.

Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

i get option of "retry cancel" when i click retry nothing happens click cancel an it continues to upload how can this happen?

when it comes to merging incremenatel updates it stop and pops up with another error

i am losing my mind here, i got my head around V7 so i thought V8 would be quite easy to get my head round but hell no

Comment

Working...
      X