Product Layout in Best Sellers Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Layout in Best Sellers Section

I have a section for "Best Sellers" set up as follows .....

Section Layout = Best Sellers Listing Page with Section Name at Top

Product Layout = use parent (standard using CSS)

... all is fine and it displays the products as they are in their actual "proper" sections.

If I change the product layout to any of the others in the drop down (compact layout for example" ... these are not reflecting in the preview page .. it retains the same layout as the actual products. I have tried using a different section layout (factory default) to the same result.

MS 8.5.0

Jont

**edit **

have just manually locked a product using a different layout to the others in the list and in the previewed page it retains the same layout from its normal section. .. the Best Sellers Section layout shows a list inheriting the products actual layout rather than than specified in the sections product layout

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Check 'Settings | Site Options | Layout' - down at the bottom under 'Best Seller List' and 'New Products List'.

The best seller items within those section are not products - they are 'best seller' items and so they have a different layout - set here. You need to change the 'Best Seller Item Layout (for Section Pages)' and 'New Products Item Layout (For Section Pages)' fields.

Comment

Cheers Chris - presumed (wrongly) could override at the section level as try and stay out of the settings due to these not being transfered with partial snapshots

Thanks

John

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X