Embedded HTML in T&C's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded HTML in T&C's

I am trying to use embedded HTML in the Terms and Conditions box, I am using the following the make a word appear in bold but it doesn't seem to work (i want period to appear in bold), can anyone advise what I am doing wrong ?

!!<<b>period</b>>!!

Thank You

You are doing it correctly, take a look in design tab on the T&C's page if it appears.

Comment

Lee,

Thanks for replying so quick. Unfortunately it doesn't appear correctly in Design tab or the live site. I have even just placed the above HTML on its own in the Shipping+Handling tab without the rest of the text. Very odd. Do you have any further suggestions ?

Comment

In a standard non-amended actinic site, that will work everytime, i even just tested it to confirm i wasn't going mad. I can only presume that you have amended the page or something has gone astray. I would suggest reverting the layout back to factory settings and starting again. I can't think of any other logical reason for this not to work i'm afraid.

Comment

If you are doing it per the attached image for example then it wil definitely work.
          Attached Files

Comment

Duncan,

I am doing exactly as per your screenshot. This is very odd as nothing has been changed and the embedded HTML works fine without any problems in the Product Name and decsriptions. I will do as Lee recommended and reinstall the software and start again.

Guys thanks for your help and I shall keep you posted.

Comment

I have just reinstalled the Actinic software so I have the sample site and this still does not work. Are there any other suggestions I could try ?

Comment

I'd contact support, i honestly think you are the only person in the world with this problem. Are you sure you are doing this correctly?

Comment

Lee,

Very funny. I am honestly doing as I mentioned previoulsy. I have enclosed a screenshot as well. To be honest I work in IT and even i felt as if i was going mad especially when this format works in the text for fragments but not in T&C's. Thanks for your help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well that is the strangest problem i have ever seen with regards to actinic and rest assured i have seen quite a few. That is just plain crazy, you must be the unluckiest guy in the world. Do let me know what it is if you get it solved, i'm intrigued.

Comment

You should have !!< >!! wrapped around the opening and the closing tag . So it should look like !!<<b>>!! Hello world !!<</b>>!!
                      Richard Gosler
                      Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                      Dorset, UK

Comment

Richard I have tried that aswell and still no luck.

Comment

Ok, can you embed tags in other places ? eg. in fragments? Have you tried embedding any different tags to see what would happen ? (Your screen grab did not show the inner exclamation marks and parentheses !!<<b>>!! Period !!<</b>>!! btw)
                          Richard Gosler
                          Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                          Dorset, UK

Comment

Yes it all works fine in fragments, products etc.

Comment

What you have done should work just fine. Whether you do:
                              !!<<b>hello</b>>!! or:
                              !!<<b>>!!hello!!<</b>!!
                              both work - just the formatting changes.

I would contact support as this is very strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X