Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section not appearing

Help please!

One of my sections does not appear when I upload. This has only started today. I have not changed anything in the section, I dont have hide on website checked, I've refreshed twice and restored a previous copy (2 days old) via snaphot - still the complete section refuses to appear on the live site - even though its perfectly visible in the catalog tree?

Any ideas, this is ruining my Bank Holiday!

Compact the database, hide the section, upload the store and then unhide it and re-upload, see if that cures it.

Comment

It may be that you are looking at a cached page - clear your cache and look again.

Comment

Lee - sorry but that did not work, hampers section still missing

Malcolm - cleared temporary internet files and history but hampers is still missing

Comment

Hi Derek,

Strange. If you make a new section does that show?

Could try this:

Re-name your "Hampers" section and page name. Create a new section with the same name and page name as the original "Hampers" section then copy over all section text/products/fragments/subsections etc.

Update the site. If it works delete the old section.

Does that help?
          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Thanks Toby

The problem was caused by the main section page. Dont know why but even when renamed it would not show on the web when uploaded. However a new section did show.

Got around it by recreating the main section page, copying and pasting all the settings etc from the original page and then dragging and dropping the rest of the original sections into the ne main sectio. Then deleted the original section.

All fine now, but what a pain.

Comment

Working...
            X