Offline preview problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline preview problem

When I generate the entire site in offline preview mode (ctrl+w), all the html pages are generated correctly. However, when I click on the links I get the following message:

WARNING!!

The link you selected would normally run a CGI script.

This facility is not available in preview mode.

Am I missing something here as I thought the offline preview option lets you see the entire site without having to upload on to the server?

Also, for some strange reason, actinic seems to add a P_ prefix to all my html pages. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance

You still need a server environment to link through the cgi-bin... checkout the AUG as there is advice on how to set up a local testing server.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

That's working exactly as it should Michael. Offline preview gives you a view at how things will look, 'test mode' lets you test it.

Comment

Hi,

This is normal behavior.

The add-to-cart/checkout pages etc require the use of Pearl scripts, which will only work on the server (which has all the required parsers/compilers etc to allow these to function)...in order to make this work offline these would need to be installed locally and would vastly increase your systems resources (as well as requiring extra configuration for local vs. remote operation etc). You can still get an idea of how the pages look in design mode. There is no real advantage to running the scripts locally over running test mode IMO.

As for the P_ prefix, this is used as part of the preview generation facility provided by Actinic...the removal of these is all taken care of automatically when uploading.

HTH

Chris
        Ladies Swimwear
        www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

Aha ... thats cleared things up - I thought it was just me!! Thanks for your prompt responses guys...really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X