Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Postage Not Being Added

Hi Folks,

While processing a refund earlier today, I noticed that the postage had not been originally added to the order. I use simple postage and have recently upgraded from version 7 and this was working correctly before the upgrade, so I just assumed I had mistakenly unticked the appropriate boxes. These boxes were checked so I compacted the databases and did a site refresh. I ran a test order and the postage was still not added, although the "Shipping and Handling" message below the basket information displayed the correct amount.

Any ideas?

Chris
    Ladies Swimwear
    www.li-fi.co.uk

Have you tried doing a test order through the site, noting the checkout amounts in relation to what actually comes through on actinic when you download the order?

Comment

Hi Lee,

Yeah, I have run a test order through the site and both the "site" amounts and the downloaded amounts are consistent - both do not include postage

I have also reverted the shopping cart layouts back to the factory settings but this has also had no affect.

Chris
      Ladies Swimwear
      www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

I have also just tried changing from "simple" postage to "By Zone and Class" then updating, and changing back to "simple" and updating again to see if this would "reset" anything. The change to "By Zone and Class" resulted in the shipping options being correctly displayed and postage added. However, as soon as I reverted back to "simple", the charge was no longer added...Weird!!

Chris
        Ladies Swimwear
        www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

Hi Chris

Is the problem still occuring and is it still intermittant, if it is I think would need to send a snapshot to support so we can look into it and see if we can identify the problem, if the snapshot is less then 10 MB send it to my email address(kcsupport/at/actinic/dot/co/dot/uk).

Kind regards
          Kiran Chandran
          Technical Support - SellerDeck
          http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply. The error is still occuring, however, as I am only using a simple, one-price model, I have decided to add the cost as a basket surcharge (triggered at £0.01), which is fine for me and also means I can display the "Postage" as soon as a customer adds something to their cart instead of displaying it later in the checkout process.

Chris
            Ladies Swimwear
            www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X