Paypal Pro Vendor Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Pro Vendor Name

Anyone successfuly setup Paypal Pro on 8.5.1 yet?
    Trying to find out what goes in the 'Vendor' field, everything logical that i try seems to fail or not work properly.

I'll update the thread if i find out in the meantime.

Cheers

Lee

Are you serious Lee? why pay another £20 a month to Paypal?

Comment

There are 4 fields to complete:
      Vendor
      Merchant
      User
      Password

These field names do not tally with the names provided by paypal pro.

The other problem I can see is that the customer is still given the option to enter their credit card details (separately from paypal) as the capture card details is required for paypal pro.

Best Wishes

Geraldine
      Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

I can not even log in to Paypal Pro as any details that I know for the account are not recognised.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Paypal Pro Management asks for the following

1) Partner: which is PaypalUK (this could be Vendor in Actinic)
          2) Merchant Login: this is different to your usual paypal email and is specific to Paypal Pro: (this could be merchant in Actinic)
          3) User name: (leave blank if you haven't logged in before) (I have one user defines so have entered this in Actinic)
          4) Password: which is different to the normal paypal password (I have entered the paypal pro password in Actinic

My paypal pro management says my system is live.

When I try ordering an error message states user identification failed.

Any ideas

Geraldine

Comment

Geraldine,

Where did you get your PayPal Pro password from?

I don't remember setting one up and I have never been e-mailed one.

Kind regards

Jason
            Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I entered a new one when I set up Paypal pro. If it is any help I think it needs numbers as well as letters.

Geraldine

Comment

I have just managed to crack it.

Many thanks

Regards

Jason
                Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have just looked at the features available to me and can't see anything that I can't do with Protx and normal Paypal.

Just before I close the account is there anything that I am missing as to why I should have Pro over the normal business Paypal?

Many thanks

Jason
                  Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by buspassjohn
                    Are you serious Lee? why pay another £20 a month to Paypal?
                    Very serious John. I'm not paying anything, i am trying to assist somebody with setting their Paypal Pro account up. It's a new thing for us on Actinic 8.5.1 so little knowledge anywhere. Hopefully once it's solved, it will help others.

It's not for a UK site, but i appreciate your questioning of my stupidity all the same.

Comment

I am using it mainly because Japanese culture is different to ours and they are more cautious about using cards online. They do however know and trust paypal.

I also thought Paypal higher turn over charges were very competitive.

In addition it resolves the problems of taking different currencies through different websites.

Geraldine

Comment

Originally posted by Ghome1971
                        I am using it mainly because Japanese culture is different to ours and they are more cautious about using cards online. They do however know and trust paypal.
                        When i heard that the Japanese are used to paying the postman after they have ordered goods, it became even more clear how far gone our country is on some things.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                          It's not for a UK site, but i appreciate your questioning of my stupidity all the same.
                          Not suggesting you're stupid Lee, I've read too many of your helpful answers to suggest any such thing, I'm just questioning why anyone would pay another £20 a month on top of their usual PSP.
                          I'm in the process of setting up another small site (non Actinic) and will probably try PaypalPro and GC as payment methods (without our usual Secpay/BOS) to test the demand for either of them by the paying public, should be very interesting.

Comment

I am stupid i assure you lol, you was right first time.

There is no current PSP in place on this new site and it is Japanese also. The Japanese are cautious with card payments, they often just pay the postman, however they do trust Paypal. Plus the multi currency options it offers are perfect for this site.

I agree with your sentiment that paying for Paypal Pro and also something like PROTX, would be a strange decision, however in this case, this is not the case and it's ticking all boxes so far.

As the Express guys and gals have been using this for sometime, the Express forum may well, for the first time i can recall, be able to help the main product users.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
                              I have just looked at the features available to me and can't see anything that I can't do with Protx and normal Paypal.

Just before I close the account is there anything that I am missing as to why I should have Pro over the normal business Paypal?

Many thanks

Jason
                              I think most people who are using PPP are doing so as they can't get merchant status anywhere else.

PaypalPro is better than normal PayPal as it looks like any other PSP. And of course has the £20 pm and VT.

If you already have Protx I can't see any reason why you would also want PPP. Protx and normal business PP as a combination is sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X