No announcement yet.

Paypal Pro Vendor Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone from Actinic comment on this? Support are saying that is what Paypal ask for and Paypal are saying they don't.

I presume you guys have conversed on the integration at some stage, so i am either getting bum information or communication on requirements has failed miserably.

I would imagine that as part of the integration, the process has been tested and is working correctly. Can the guy/gal who does this testing confirm what they did to get this working?

Please tell me it was tested thoroughly....

Comment

I have spoken to paypal. They say:
      Vendor: Paypaluk or PayPalUK ( I have been told to try both)
      Merchant: PPPro name
      User: the same as merchant
      password: PPPro password

Now I have an error message in checkout after I enter my card details:
      Failed Merchant Rule Check.

Paypal don't seem familiar with this error

Any ideas?
      Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

I've no idea on PayPal Pro, so I've asked for some help from our developers. I'll get back to you.

Comment

All the details you've mentioned sound correct, and the PayPal Pro integration very thoroughly tested.

Do either you have a URL that we can look at to see what's happened?

We're also waiting on PP for comments from their development guys. I'll let you know when we get them.

Comment

Could you let me know your vendor names/user names that you are using to connect to PayPal Pro. Drop them on an email to cdicken /at/ actinic dot co dot uk.

Both ourselves and PayPal are scratching our heads over the problems as there is nothing apparent that is causing this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Anyone successfuly setup Paypal Pro on 8.5.1 yet?
              Now just see what you've started Lee, you'll have Actinic changing to GC at this rate!!

Comment

Chris

Not sure if you are talking to me or Geraldine, however we are on about the same site for the record.

Cheers

Comment

I was talking to both - as it's the same site if you could drop me an email with the details, that would be great. We'll get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Payment using paypal pro is working now. The settings are

Vendor: PaypalUK (be careful about the case) This is called Partner by PPP
                    Merchant: PayPro Merchant Name
                    User: same as merchant (not really required by PPP but must be entered by Actinic)
                    Password: PPP password not usual paypal password.

I think it would be useful if Actinic renamed Vendor as Partner as it is confusing as Paypal Pro are not the Vendor we are!

Cheers for all your help

Geraldine
                    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Hi Chris

I think this is now sorted, however we have some further testing to do. The problems seems to hinge around that particular field name and what should go in there. I think we should be clearly having those 4 fields correlate exactly with what Paypal provide to make this as simple as can be.

According to your support today, it is just terminology that has been the problem, however 'vendor' implies one thing whereas what is actually needed is 'provider' or 'partner'. Support do not seem to think this is a problem, i disagree personally.

I have asked Geraldine to post the answers in here so that nobody goes through what we have had to, it would appear that we are the first to do this (on the forum anyway). Bugger that girl is quick!

Thanks for getting involved anyway, appreciate it.

Comment

Glad this is now working. I'll raise a bug to get this field name changed.

Comment

hi on my actinic it wont let me enter the user name it has an information box over the top of it?

when i try and enter it i get invalid storfront id

i am trialing v 8.5.1 is that why i cnat enter it to test it?
                          Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                          Current project:
                          cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                          cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                          Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Gareth,

You will have to have a registered version to trial PayPal Pro.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                            X