Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Offers

Hi.

Can any one tell me how to do a special offers within actinic v8 which will be something link:

Buy two of the same product's and get this product free?

Thanks
    Rushit

Marketing > Discounts and Surcharges Settings. Its half setup for you already.

Comment

I have done this.

What happens is that, when I purchase two items of the same product, in the checkout page it asks me to add the free product in the basket.

Should it not do this automatically?

Another thing is in the rewards section, why can i only see products which are not part of a group?

Rushit

Comment

Originally posted by rushit
        I have done this.

What happens is that, when I purchase two items of the same product, in the checkout page it asks me to add the free product in the basket.

Should it not do this automatically?
        If you choose 2 items, it is telling you that you can get another free. Are you saying that it should automatically add in a third? How can actinic possibly know what the customer wants as their third option? If you have x number of products in a discount group and the customer only chooses 2, i don't see how the software can work out what to give them.

If you go into a supermarket where beans are 3 for 2 offer and you only pickup 2 cans, you will either pay for 2 and be done with it OR the kind checkout lady will tell you that you can get another free as there is an offer on that product. In any case you or an assistant will need to go and get it, it will never magically appear on the conveyor belt.

Comment

Hi rushit,

I was wondering if you had found a solution to this one?

We are also having the problem that when we set it up to add a free product as a reward, we can only see one product choice, rather than the 10,000 product we have.

I have attached a screenshot to demonstrate.
          Attached Files
          ArtyMiss
          www.artymiss.co.uk
          Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

Amanda,

You can only offer a 'Product' as a free discount if the said item is not part of the existing product group. The reward type you select for this discount is '% off extra product', this extra product needs to be part of another product group or an individual product on the store, not from within the group on which the discount is applied.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry to sound dim but...

Where is the Discounts and surcharges menu that amanda attached. I have found the one in marketting but it only has two tabs along the top, Order Level and Miscellaneous. Is there another menu that has the other two options on it located elsewhere in actinic as i need to get discounting!
              Lloyd
              Lloyd Hawken
              www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

Lloyd,

You need to be on 'Business' or Business Multisite' for all the tabs to appear.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X