The very top level of the catalogue.
    The sitemap page.
    The terms page.
    The contact us page.

Thanks!
    PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Sitemap Page Title

The page title I most want to control is the one for the sitemap page. A google search for various items on my site often returns a result for the sitemap page eg. (Returns a result the third line down for my site's sitemap page)
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

The current name of the sitemap page is 'New Products' and I can see no way to change this. I'd really appreciate help with this....

www.pagesdiy.com
    PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

The hompage is simple to sort .. in the content tree click on the top most "house" icon and switch to "page settings" tab and you will see the "page title" field.

The others are compiled on the fly and not "real" pages as such... you could try editing the outer layout in design tab mode. Towards the top on the <head> section you will see the <title>PageTitle</title> code ... the blue layout inserts the data you enter against each section.

As the sitemap etc do not have a section to add this into you can try entering the data directly into the <title> tag (or setting up a user defined variable and insert that layout for a more compact read) and wrapping it with a BLOCK IF condition to test the page it is on.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Does not the latest version have proper titles - not looked at it closely yet to confirm this.

Comment

Code:
          <title>
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Section%27" >
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200%20and%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" ><actinic:variable name="SectionName" />,<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%20and%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" >put your common title here</actinic:block>
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%21%3d%20%22%22"><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></actinic:block>
          </actinic:block>
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%27Section%27" ><actinic:variable name="PageType" />,<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /></actinic:block>
          </title>
          Here's my code for page titles.

There are several conditions as follows - you can hover over the blocks to see them, thus a page title will be one of the following

use section name, company name
          use default <put your common title here>
          uses defined page title if there is one (dialog box)
          uses page type, company name (for sitemap, search, checkout etc)

This works very well on a one page per product and serves to give a unique page title, thus allowing more time to create custom titles for sites with 000's of products

Comment

Working...
          X