X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of Fragments

Hi,

I have upgraded from V7 to V8.

I have hundereds of fragments throughout my store containing extra product info, images, etc.

These were interspersed between products, very specifically placed.

Now I find that they are all showing at the top of the page. I can see from this thread that I can set them to be at the top or bottom of the page, but I actually want them where I ahd placed them before!

Any ideas?
    ArtyMiss
    www.artymiss.co.uk
    Card Making & Craft Materials

Amanda,

To get them to appear as you would like them to, click on a fragment in your content tree and then while holding the shift button down click on the fragment and drag it to the product below which you would like it to appear and drop.

You will be able to see from the preview that it would retain the place you have dragged it to. Sorry, I know it is a rather big site.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce.

In my content tree, the fragments are showing in the correct place. They stayed where they were from V7. However, on the review and when uploading, they all appear at the top of the screen.

example: http://www.artymiss.co.uk/acatalog/t...er_Papers.html

Teclan have tried something for me, but it puts the fragment in a 'product' space. This means it gets all squished.
      ArtyMiss
      www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Can you create a product layout with no image area and assign that layout to these fragments. i.e. a product layout just like the 'no image' fragment layout.

Have this layout specifically for fragments in the middle of products?

It should then stretch the full width.

Comment

On that page is the customer comments a fragment? If so it is in the middle of the product list with the Dovecraft Designer fragment at the top.

How has the text to the left of the main text (looks like a copy of the fragment name) been inserted? I am not able to click and highlight as you would regular text... or is this ALT text?

You appear to be half way there .. simply merge the 2 table cells in the fragment, remove the code inserting the space for the image and you should be there (duplicate the existing layout in the library first and work on that then assign as the fragment layout)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm not too sure about creating a layout, but Teclan can do that for me tomorrow.

I am on IE6 and couldn't see the text you were talking about jont. SO I went & had a look on my notebook, which has Firefox. The text you refer to would be the fragment image, but my current layout doesn't display the image unless I manually change it to.

So, on the screen you should relly see (as set out in my conent tree) 1st fragment (Daniela De Grood), then 6 products, the the 2nd fragment (Dovecraft Designer Papers), then the rest of the products. Finally the 'customer comment' should be at the bottom.
            ArtyMiss
            www.artymiss.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X