v8 Error: "...session can not be locked during Sesssion init"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bruce,

With regards to the constant issue of session errors and locked session files across versions, I myself have experienced this issue in version 6,7 and 8.

A fix is listed above in order to unlock the sessions. Would it not be wise on Actinic's part to include something like this as standard within the normal script?

This way what ever is causing the error and locking the files is automatically rectified with out there even being an issue on the site due to the built in work around.

Back in March my V7 site was not operational for 10 days due to session errors. With a built in workaround I would have still been trading and non the wiser.

Kind regards

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

This will be included in a maintenance release as it is already down as a bug. I will increment the field report count on it.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
        This will be included in a maintenance release as it is already down as a bug. I will increment the field report count on it.

Kind regards,
        and by another..I upgraded out Jesters site from 7.0.5 to 7.0.7 and ended up with the same problem.
        Biggest pain is that we didn't know about it until a customer reported it.
        Kinda like the "overwriting the Protx details" thing that upgrading does
        Tracey

Comment

Has a fix for this been released yet? I'm in 8.51 HIZA and my client using PayPal still gets this error.........

Comment

HIZA is still the most recent patch

see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=33349 for more info

Comment

You could use the workaround on post #11 of this thread for the time being.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi - I am also experiencing the same problem.

Back in July Bruce said that this will be fixed in a maintenance release - is this in v 8.5.2 that is currently in Beta as I cannot see it?
                Regards
                David

Comment

Hi - sorry for the delay on getting back to you on this one. Yes - I can confirm this is fixed in 8.5.2.

Comment

Thanks Chris - it seems to have been added since when I first looked for the first Beta.
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

Yes - I can confirm this is fixed in 8.5.2.
                      Well its back using 8.5.2 HMVA - I have just upgraded a site and am getting the error at checkout.

Comment

I guess it's a bit facetious to say 'URL please' - so I won't. But seriously, the error message is down to permissions problems on the server which can happen as a result of a variety of things. We fixed the main one in 8.5.2 but there could be other environmental factors affecting this. Can you please work with support on it?

Comment

Working...
                        X