Act Brochure Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Act Brochure Primary

I have managed to get to grips with V8 and hope to finish my redesign later in the month.

One area that I am however having trouble with, and have not found any information on the boards or user guides is, how do I get the old Act Brochure Primary into Dreamweaver?

If you take a look at http://www.quality-silver.co.uk only use the actinic generated links though as others will take you to the live site.

I want to get rid of the text at the very top, remove the cart box on the right hand site and remove and hardcode the links under the banner, amongst other things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Go to Design View and repeatedly click the 'up arrow' at the borrom LHS of the code window to Navigate to the outermost parent layout. Then click the button to edit in DW at the bottom of the code window.

Comment

Duncans right Im wrong

Comment

Many thanks, I will try again tonight.

Kind regards

Jason
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Still no luck, all I get is a small table with a few variables.

At the top of my page though it does say "Page Preview - this page is deleted" although it isn't.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jason
          Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Duncan,

I can edited Act Primary using your instructions just doesn't work with Act brochure Primary.
            Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Select a section that is live in the content tab, then select the design tab and in the bottom right hand corner, select 'design tree'. At the very top of the list (pink heaxagon icons) you will see you exterior layout, click on it and that is your outer layout now showing in the coding window.

You then have the option to 'edit in dreamweaver' (if you have the dreamweaver integration setup) in the bottom left hand corner. Or you can do it there in the code window if you do not have dreamweaver.

Comment

I can do that Lee but it still opens up a different page, ie Act Primary and not Act Brochure Primary. Both layouts are different and upgraded from V7.

I want to open this design http://www.quality-silver.co.uk

I can only open this design though
                http://www.qualitysilver.co.uk/acata...l-Bangles.html

Many thanks
                Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Select a brochure page then instead and follow the same process. It will only work upon the type of layout you have selected in the content tree. Select your home page and then you should see it. If it shows the same on that it is because you are using the same layout for both brochure and product pages, therefore check it out in the site options menu where you can see the selected layouts being used.

Comment

Sorted via the back door I think.

Could not get the page to view in Dreamweaver but could get the code.

I deleted all the code and pasted code in from Act Primary, now opens fine.

I will now use the modified page as a basis.

Many thanks for your help.

Jason
                    Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

You could have done that in 30 seconds by changing the layout used for brochures to the same as products. Nevertheless you have it sorted now, that's all that counts.

Comment

Working...
                      X