Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permutation Prices including Tax (V8.4.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutation Prices including Tax (V8.4.0)

1) How can I get the dropdown list show the price with VAT? Don’t point me to p38 AUG - see below

2) Is 8.5.1 any easier to add the vat in the Dropdown? (After reading of all the trials and tribulations some folk are having - I am scared sh..less to upgrade!) I am even more scared to try and type in a load of code that I cannot inderstand with all that assci stuff (%22%20%2f etc...) I know that I will make a mistake and stuff an umlaut of summut else in the wrong place)

3) !!<<SHOUT>>!! Mr Actinic - How do I get the VAT prices in????? !!<</SHOUT>>!!

I have just spent the best part of 6 hours (6 wasted Hours) grappling with every combination in the book trying to get a dropdown list of 5 items to show the price with VAT!

Only to discover it need a work-a-round!

Page 38 in the AUG is NBG because the instructions on getting to the code bears no relationship with 8.5.0

Trying the alternative method suggested at the bottom of page 38 also does not 'compute'

(%42%55%47%47%45%52%20%40%63%74%69%6e&69%63%21)

I can't kick the cat - its left home. I can't shout at my son, he's not in. My wife is bigger than me and I can't give her any lip! My daughter is sensible - she left home years ago!

Ahhh well - off to bed and maybe some kind soul will put me out of my misery…
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

That should read V8.5.0
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Hi Donald

If you go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' you'll see a group called 'Permutation Prices'.

Within that are all the different price layouts for the permutations. You'll see some are in brackets, some aren't, some have '+' in front of them, some don't.

You need to find the one that looks like the one used by your store, and then double-click on it and replace it with the code from the Advanced User Guide.
      Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
         (+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>)
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
         (+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>)

Comment

Hi Chris - Thanks for your guidance - sorry not to respond sooner - out all day!

I did muddle through last evening and almost achieved the result needed but was plagued with Actinic crashing out after upgrading to 851… I don’t think it was an Actinic problem – probably me trying to revert to using my off line ftp & http server again.. Net result = delete 851 purge hard drive and registry et al & do a fresh clean reinstall 851 – perfect all is well (see my sig!)

I did achieve a dropdown price that was Inclusive of VAT.

The format displayed:
        Captive Ring Cutter (+£6.00)

The format I would like to achieve if possible:
        Captive Ring Cutter: £6.00 Inc VAT
        Or even
        Captive Ring Cutter: (£6.00 Inc VAT)

Is this possible – If so, which bit of code do I tamper with?

(Basic Price = £0.00)
        Many thanks
        www.yandles.co.uk
        www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

This code should do it...
          Code:
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
             (<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block> inc VAT)
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
             (<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(round(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" /> * 1.175, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />), <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block> inc VAT)

Comment

FANTASTIC - Just the job Chris.... Many, many thanks.

Works a treat - see:
            http://www.yandles.co.uk/acatalog/Tu...rby1.html#a299

I've spent 2 days trying to achieve that!
            www.yandles.co.uk
            www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Final query - is this a bug or file duplication?

During the process of trying to acheive the results I became apparant that there *may* be a bug or a duplicated file or whatever... or I may have done something wrong when installing v851.

In trying to track down the appropriate lump of code to do the VAT thing, I noticed that I had TWO entries for:
              Design Library|Layouts|Additional Price with Tax Message in Brackets

One worked with your code, the other one didn't...

See attached gif...and the notation thereon...

Question - Is it safe to ignore the first one or should I attempt to delete it?
              (It appears that the only difference is the capitalised 'w' in the word 'with' in the file name)
              Attached Files
              www.yandles.co.uk
              www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

You can safely delete the one that isn't used (or just rename it to something else that won't cause confusion).

Comment

Working...
                X