Different Other Range and New Produce Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Other Range and New Produce Images

I know this has been touched on in previous threads but I haven't seen an answer. Is it possible to apply a different image to the Other Range and New Produce sections? I have used a small thumbnail but I would like the New and Best Products to use an even smaller image.

Thanks

Hi there,

Would you like to use the same image the product is using but smaller or a completely different image?

What are the names of the New Products and Best Sellers layouts you’re using?

If you just want the image size smaller go to you layout and look for ProductImageFileName. There should be a width value you can decrease.

If you want a totally new image I would create a new variable to replace ProductImageFileName (Let me know if you are not sure how to do this).
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

If you want a totally new image I would create a new variable to replace ProductImageFileName (Let me know if you are not sure how to do this).

Toby, I'm not sure how to do this!!

Comment

Try this:

- Design | Library | Variables
        - Right click Product | New Variable
        - Enter something like "Alt image" for Name, Description and Prompt
        - Place of setting = Product
        - Tab Name = General
        - Type = Text
        - Allow Empty Value = checked

You now need to set this variable in your best and new product layouts.

Open the layouts and look for src="ProductImageFileName". Change that to src="Alt image".

Now take a look in your products General tab and you will see the Alt image prompt. You can set your new images here by typing in the image name with the extension.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

You may also want to look at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...limagefilename from only 2 days or so ago, about using the Thumbnail image.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That's great folks! Ta

Comment

Working...
            X