Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a vote... have v8 been a worthwhile upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we have a vote... have v8 been a worthwhile upgrade?

Mainly for the benefit of us who are are still wondering if its all worthwhile etc.

A simple yes or no, and maybe beacause blah blah would do.

*has never received a Christmas card from Actinic and suspects he's just blown the chances of getting one in 2007 completely out of the window*
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Yes and no.

Yes because the product is maturing and turning out to be generally ok.

No because coming from v7 and having to 'unlearn' stuff was a bit of a nightmare.

Just my 2p worth.

Comment

George

V8 is great once you have upgraded, it's taken 10 months but i'm comfortable with it now. The additional marketing features and improved SEO are worth the upgrade alone IMO. They will pay for the upgrade in a relatively short time.

IMO forget the upgrade process, see it as a chance to freshen up your site. Apply a new theme to your site to get up to full V8 with all the whistles and then either tweak it to suit, or preferably apply a dreamweaver design.

Comment

YES - definitely worth the upgrade on two fronts....

As a site owner:

* makes updating much simpler (upsells)
        * easier promotion of also like products (previously manually added)
        * have seen a 25% increase in order volume since going live on v8 (not purely v8 but allowed better design options)
        * much quicker updating of the layouts

As a site designer:

* much quicker to implement own designs (now the bugs are being fixed)
        * far more logical
        * better scope to implement some nice touches

Overall I can spend less time faffing around with a multitude of nested templates and code and concentrate on either adding products or getting the right design. In terms of time saved alone it is well worth the upgrade.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          it's taken 10 months but i'm comfortable with it now
          10 months?

That's not very reassuring
          LOL
          Tracey

Comment

To tag onto what Jont said about improved orders, the first site i upgraded to V8 right at the start is now showing sales up by 56% on the same periods last year. This will not all be down to V8, however i would say from what i have seen and know, that at least 25% of this is down to V8.

Where rankings were generally 3rd-6th, they are now 1st - 4th, nothing changed on many of these pages apart from being changed to V8.

Comment

Our sales are up this calender year by 150% I can't say how much is due to V8, but I hope some of it in order to pay the two and a half grand for software and machines (new machines to try and speed up MU snail speed)
              So Yes, Possibly?

Comment

Yes - all sites I have upgraded have shown better SERPs and sales. Including my own - which Ive had to close because of it You just cannot win some days.

But as lee says its been a struggle to get to grips with it.

Comment

Yes, far easier for an amateur like me to develop a nice looking site. SEO improvements are worth a fortune as well. I keep picking up SEO hints, only to find that V8 has done it for me. Dammit.
                  Blank DVD
                  Cloth Nappies

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
                    Yes, far easier for an amateur like me to develop a nice looking site.
                    Now *that's* the kind of recommendation I need
                    LOL
                    *doubts that there are many more amateur than she is*
                    Tracey

Comment

Yes

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Yes

I think all the increased sales are due to the new marketing features of V8

Three chances to sell on each page, Great
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Absolutely!

Having read some of the upgrade threads I was expecting the V8 upgrade process to be troublesome. I’m pleased to say that it wasn’t

Chris
                          Ladies Swimwear
                          www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

My 2 Cents

Although, it's been a nice upgrade for this user in the U.S., it can't compete with some of the other Shopping Carts on the market. I will say this. It beats the others as being a Windows based application. I don't know of or have seen any others with this feature. Kudos to the Actinic design team!

PS> I haven't seen any increased orders but can only wish.
                            Jeffrey Michael
                            Choice Vacuum
                            Bellevue, WA, USA
                            www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Originally posted by george
                              *has never received a Christmas card from Actinic
                              Only v8 users get the Christmas Card ... if there was ever a reason to stop dilly-dallying ........

Bikster
                              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                              X