Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphans and duplicates

Hi,

just had a funny thing happen to me. Was backing up the site as I do every day when I got a message about "orphancheckreport". I get this sometimes but normally just a few issues. When I looked at it it listed huge amounts of my products as orphans. Looking into it more closely I think it was all the duplicates of my products that seem to have lost all their choices. I reset all the product duplicates using "reset duplicates" and backup again. This time the orphan report said lots of my products have no valid parrent and have been deleted. Extract below:-

The Choice 'Beige' of the product with reference '1!BARRINGTON' has no valid parent and has therefore been deleted.
    The Choice '3 XL' of the product with reference '1!BARRINGTON' has no valid parent and has therefore been deleted.
    The Choice '4 XL' of the product with reference '1!BARRINGTON' has no valid parent and has therefore been deleted.
    The Choice '5 XL' of the product with reference '1!BARRINGTON' has no valid parent and has therefore been deleted.
    The Choice '6 XL' of the product with reference '1!BARRINGTON' has no valid parent and has therefore been deleted.
    The Choice 'Air Force' of the product with reference '1!BENNY' has no valid parent and has therefore been deleted.

Now these product do have parents but now I can't seem to get them to reset. Now I know I could recreate all the duplicate products but that is going to be a lot of work, which I don't want to do unless I really have to.

Some info.
    Running 8.5.0
    the duplicates are copies of the main product but listed under Brand, so there are quite a few of them i.e. Ben Sherman Shirt would be under "Shirts" and "Ben Sherman Brand" the duplicate being the brand one.
    All was working fine until just now

Has anyone got any ideas what has gone wrong?
    How can I fix it short of recreating all the duplicates?
    Is there a limited to the number of duplicates?

Any help welcomed.

Mat
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Fixed but still want to know hat happened

Hi,

I decided to recreate alll the duplicates - took ages but all sorted now.

I still want to know why this happened and will it happen again?
    Any thoughts?

Mat
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

NOT FIXED - help Please

Hi again,

well as i said before I recreated the duplicates and all appears fine. Backing up again tonight I get a massive orphan report. Same sort of thing has happened again most of the duplicate items have lost all thier choices. The orignal items are all fine.

extract

The Attribute 'Colour' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Permutation '77345:77349,77346:77354' of the product with reference '2!SLX4500'.
      The Attribute 'Waist Size' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Permutation '77345:77349,77346:77354' of the product with reference '2!SLX4500'.
      The Permutation '80243:80250,80244:80245' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Permutation '77345:77349,77346:77354' of the product with reference '2!SLX4500'.
      The Permutation '80229:80235,80230:80231' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Choice 'Lilac' of the product with reference '2!SLX4500'.
      The Permutation '80229:80236,80230:80231' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Choice 'Lilac' of the product with reference '2!SLX4500'.
      The Attribute 'Colour' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Choice '52"' of the product with reference '1!HRTO'.
      The Attribute 'Size' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Choice '52"' of the product with reference '1!HRTO'.
      The Permutation '79974:79978,79975:79976' was found with a wrong product reference. It has been moved to the Choice '52"' of the product with reference '1!HRTO'

None of this makes any sense to me - the item mentioned above is a shirt and doesnt have a choice 52.

Need some help ASAP with this please. I would attacht the full report but its too large. So attachted a small extract.

Mat
      Attached Files
      Matthew Wildeman
      www.bigmatts.com
      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

omg, read the title and thought it was about lost clone children.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

You are not alone!

This hapenned to me a few days ago, and I only lost a few products that I wasn't really worried about. However, about 10 mins ago I lost approx 250 products. Duplicates & originals.

The funny (not!) thing was, this was after I had imported 160 new products, but after tidyiing up etc, the new stuff took about 4 hours.

Now I am having to revert to a pre-import snapshot and will have to do the 4 hours work again.

I do have a huge site and I do test it to the limits, but right now, Actinic is testing me to the limit!
          ArtyMiss
          www.artymiss.co.uk
          Card Making & Craft Materials

Comment

Matthew/Amanda

You both need to work through this with support I'm afraid. If you can send them a snapshot of the sites and instructions to replicate the issue, they can get to the bottom of it and raise and relevant bugs.

If you don't have Actinic Cover, you can reach support via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Chris I have already raised this with support.

Mat
              Matthew Wildeman
              www.bigmatts.com
              2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Working...
              X