Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password not allowed

Hi

I'm trying to upload my actinic V8 site to some new hosting but when I try to 'update website' it comes up with a message saying - 'An FTP error occurred. Error: The password was not allowed'.

I'm pretty sure the password and username are correct because I'm can connect to the site using the same settings through FTP software. I've tried using the network setup wizard, but that just seems to crash half way through and closes actinic down completely. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks
    Brian

May be worth posting who you are hosting with and your network settings (you can export and remove the username and password) so someone can take a look for anything obvious

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Password not working

Hosting is with redstation. I've used them before for this particualr site, but my hosting expired without me realising, now I've had to reorder hosting and enter new network settings, passwords etc. The settings i'm using don't seem to be working.

Comment

Can you refer to a previous snapshot and see what you used back then? May help to recall what you need to do.

Comment

Password not allowed

I'm doing the same things I did before, just with new FTP settings - which actinic doesn't seem to be accepting. I'm now getting the message in the acttached document when trying to use the configuration wizard. I've checked the permissions on the hosting and I have write permissions for the cgi directory..

Comment

password not allowed

with attachement
            Attached Files

Comment

password not allowed

sorted it now. Read through some posts and changed the cgi paths.

Comment

Working...
              X