Testing Online Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing Online Store

I have tested the online store once and downloaded the order Ok.

When I try to place another order I get the following error -

'Error: ./acatalog/test/acatalog/172Z143Z254Z254A1174732626B5240.session can not be locked during Session init!'

Can someone explain what it means etc.

Thanks Again

Very common problem Joy, touched on hundreds of times, try searching the forums on "Session init", you will yield a wealth of information as you can with almost every single problem you encounter with actinic.

Comment

Use the keyword "session.init" to search the community to see all the other threads discussing the same issue

Comment

Thank you it easy when you know which is the important it of wording to search for.

I'll have a look.

Thank You

Comment

No need Joy, just put in the whole error message if you want and it will still find it for you. Nothing clever about it, just an understanding, that it is about 98% sure that somebody will have already experienced your problem, and the advice in those threads will far outweigh what you have to wait for in a new one.

Comment

Just goes to show that we've both had to search on the same erorr in the past few days....

the key whe nsearching is to find the best part of the message - as you said.

'Error: ./acatalog/test/acatalog/172Z143Z254Z254A1174732626B5240.session can not be locked during Session init!'
            for this error

"./acatalog/test/acatalog/" - would be to generic
            "172Z143Z254Z254A1174732626B5240" - would only apply to you
            "session" or "can not be locked" - would be to generic

Hence you are left with "Session init!"

Comment

Ok Yes I've had a look but sorry this type of thing is totally beyond me I am sorry to say, I have not much (if any knowledge of this type of thing). I find the programme easy to use when its all up and running Ok.

A few questions:-

Actinic Support have told me to get in touch with my hosting company (Internetters) to ask them to check my permissions in the acatalog & cgi-bin folders.

Am I right in presuming that I will need the website Catalog version 8.5.1 uploaded in test mode?

How do I know they will not alter anything that will affect my website which is running happily on version 7 in the same webspace?

Please help I am really struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyJoy
                Actinic Support have told me to get in touch with my hosting company (Internetters) to ask them to check my permissions in the acatalog & cgi-bin folders.
                You can either check this yourself or phone them up and ask them. Given what you've said so far, i would ring them and ask as it will probably confuse you if you try yourself.

Am I right in presuming that I will need the website Catalog version 8.5.1 uploaded in test mode?
                No, you do not need to have uploaded for them to test the permissions.

How do I know they will not alter anything that will affect my website which is running happily on version 7 in the same webspace?
                You don't know in all honesty, but they are merely checking, not actually doing anything, i'd be very surprised if anything became damaged. Even if they did, just upload your store to correct it.

Please help I am really struggling.
                You may be working on things outside of your capability Joy - there is no shame in that. Without a fundamental knoweldge on how things work and what certain terms mean, you will struggle. Specific step by step hand holding instructions are something you will rarely get in a forum because of shear time it takes to write such an instruction. To be honest if you need your hand holding throughout the process, you probably shouldn't be doing it IMO.

Comment

I appreciate your comments and will ring them up tomorrow.

How would I approach the problem of obtaining the help of a proffesional to overcome this problem, do you have any idea of cost.

Perhaps I should stick with version 7 which I managed to build myself.

But I don't like to be beaten!

Comment

I appreciate your comments and will ring them up tomorrow.

How would I approach the problem of obtaining the help of a proffesional to overcome this problem, do you have any idea of cost.

Perhaps I should stick with version 7 which I managed to build myself.

But I don't like to be beaten!
                    Many of us have struggled over the past 10 months Joy, rest assured you are not alone. It's a big change from V7 to V8, one which has caught out every single professional developer/designer at some stage.

I would ring them up and ask them to confirm the permissions on the 2 folders and see where you go from there. If they are wrong and they change them, it may solve all your woes. I've only had the 'session init' error once and a database compact and a refresh of the site sorted it out for me.

Is everything working fine on the V7 site? I take it you are uploading V8 in test mode and this is happening?

Comment

Yes the version 7 is working fine.

Version 8 is in test mode.

One thing I have noticed in the Network settings - The CGI Script ID No is set to 1 extention .pl on the version 7 site.

On the version 8 in test mode it is set to 90001 extension .pl is this because it is in test mode? Can't change it because its greyed out.

Golly why can't Internetters work 24/7 like the rest of us!!!

Comment

That all sounds as it should be, nothing strange there, script numbers are different so it doesn't affect the main site.

If you want to email me your ftp details i will take a look for you.

Comment

I have sent the settings.

Thank You

Comment

Permissions are fine Joy, so permissions on the said folders is not the issue.

Comment

So if permissions are fine, there is no point in me ringing Internetters.

Where do I turn to next?

Comment

Working...
                              X