Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Upgrade problem - please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Upgrade problem - please help!!!

Right, I did an upgrade from v804 to 8.5.1 and when I double-clicked Actinic I got this message...

"Failed to create new field [sBarcodeTemp] in table [Product] - fatal error.
    Reported error was:

Too many fields defined."

I click OK and then I get the message...

"A serious error occured when upgrading the database. Please use a previous version of Actinic."

My question is - how do I fix this, or at worst how do I 'roll back' to a previous version??

** I am going to attempt un-installing Actinic, re-installing FULL 8.5 and importing my snapshot in the meantime **

I would contact Actinic direct and get them on the case.

Comment

Will do, just tried uninstalling v8, restarted, re-installed v8.5 and then tried to import the snapshot and got this error...

"There was a problem with the database

Operation: Executing the query ' UPDATE [Product] SET [sDetailUrlOrFile] = 'NOT_CATALOG' + Right([Product].[sDetailUrlOrFile], (Len([Product].[sDetailUrlOrFile]) - 2)) WHERE ([sDetailUrlOrFile] Like '%:\%') ;'

Database name: E:\Public\actinic\Actinic V85\Site1\ActinicCatalog

Table 'Product' is exclusively locked by user 'admin' on machine 'ESERV1'.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate"

Comment

I am told the following by someone that generally knows what they are talking about: this is the Access 95/97 problem. The maximum number of fields has been exceeded. The underlying database (.mdb) file needs converting to Access2000 and Actinic restarted.

Chris

Comment

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate
          You cannot get better than the top man in Actinic giving you support

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling
            I am told the following by someone that generally knows what they are talking about: this is the Access 95/97 problem. The maximum number of fields has been exceeded. The underlying database (.mdb) file needs converting to Access2000 and Actinic restarted.

Chris
            Chris - you 'da man' - just opened it in Access, upgraded the database and v8.5 now opens sweet as a nut.

Thanks so very much

Comment

It was all going so well...

Re-uploaded the site now through v8.5 but when I just attempted a test order I get the following message...

"A General Script Error Occurred
              Error: Error executing the advanced shipping plug-in script. Global symbol "$DefaultWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 513. Global symbol "$DefaultWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 794. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 797. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 798. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 821. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 822. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 824. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 991. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 992. Global symbol "$sOptimalWeight" requires explicit package name at (eval 41) line 995. Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

Any ideas folks?

Comment

*.5.1 has a new shipping model so you may want to check that the shipping matches what you want it to do. If you were using the shipping download from the actinic website then this will be causing the problem.

Comment

Right sorted - it actually just needed a 'website purge and refresh'. Anyone else with this problem should look at the solution listed here...

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28075

However, I didn't have to do an upload of the test site first, the purge and refresh just sorted the problem.

Great resource this forum

Comment

Working...
                  X