First website using Actinic - Critique please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan
    I think you should change the fonts in the side bars, they look too big to me, particularly where the titles are in capitals. I'm not a web designer though, just a punter with particularly bad eyesight.

Regards,
    A fantastic quote that holds up one of the key design principles.....ALLOW THE USER TO CHANGE THE TEXT SIZE!

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

ALLOW THE USER TO CHANGE THE TEXT SIZE!
      most browsers allow you to do this. I am not sure therefore if it is totally necessary to build this in to a design. comments please....

Comment

IF the design uses relative font size (a la Actinic css) then browser resizing works, but when a site is written with fixed font sizes the browser attempt to change that size fails.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          IF the design uses relative font size (a la Actinic css) then browser resizing works, but when a site is written with fixed font sizes the browser attempt to change that size fails.
          Exactly, you can override this with the use of java but as stated, not ALL site text can be resized Jo if coded with fixed size and no java instructions.

Try it out today Jo when you have 5 mins...(try it on this forum?!)

General browsing will throw up many, many sites that cannot have the text altered. (also many with serif text!!! )

Regards
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Of very little consolation as FF is still a minority browser, but the Increase, Decrease font option overrides fixed fonts.

Comment

Working...
            X