External Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Designs

I have recently been asked to look after a website that was designed elsewhere. The site looks fine but there are some coding issues which i've managed to get sorted with a little help. However there is a big problem with the extended information pop ups which are set up as normal in actinic but do not work.

The button is calling a different page than the image and neither produce the correct page you will see what i mean if you go to http://www.connectedhomes.ie/acatalog/Enclosures.html and click on the first product.

The site uses an External design and i have tried reverting the various extended info layouts to revert to factory settings but to no avail. Any suggestions???

Whats the page name defined in the extended info tab of the product?

Comment

Originally posted by Finn
      I have recently been asked to look after a website that was designed elsewhere. The site looks fine but there are some coding issues which i've managed to get sorted with a little help. However there is a big problem with the extended information pop ups which are set up as normal in actinic but do not work.

The button is calling a different page than the image and neither produce the correct page you will see what i mean if you go to http://www.connectedhomes.ie/acatalog/Enclosures.html and click on the first product.

The site uses an External design and i have tried reverting the various extended info layouts to revert to factory settings but to no avail. Any suggestions???
      Can you actually see the info pages within Act?
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

External Design

thanks for swift replies in answer to questions

page name = info27.html

and yes i can preview page in actinic

Thanks

Comment

coding issues which i've managed to get sorted with a little help
          Your code is compacted but I can see that it is not standard Actinic - may I suggest that you have deleted some important bits

Comment

External Design

I have added the following code into the head tags to see if this makes any difference and i've just uploaded but no difference (are there any othe bits of actinic code that might be missing which could affect the pop ups?)

"<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="actiniccore.js"></script>
            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="actinicextras.js"></script>

<!-- Placeholder of cookie checking javascript code. Do not remove it! -->
            <Actinic:COOKIECHECK />

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            <!--
            saveReferrer();
            // -->
            </script>

<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27PSP%20Bounce%20Page%27%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPSPTestMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" >
            <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
            <!--
            function onLoad()
            {
            document.formOCC.submit();
            }
            // -->
            </script>
            </actinic:block>

thanks

Comment

are there any othe bits of actinic code that might be missing which could affect the pop ups
              Yes but Ive not got time to sort it all out for you

Comment

Restore the affected layouts back to factory settings and start again is probably the quickest and easiest.

Comment

Restore the affected layouts back to factory settings and start again is probably the quickest and easiest
                  Yep have to say it would be the best idea

Comment

external design

thanks to you both - i wasn't suggesting you pull apart the code i was wondering if there was any obvious bit of code that might cause the problem.

With regards to changing the factory settings i have done this to all the extended info layouts - is there any other layout that might need reset

Thanks again

Comment

Hi Gavin,

Can you check in your 'Product' layout as to what layout you are using to display the 'Extended Info' pages.

The correct one is
                      <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />
                      You can then select to use the button on the product itself (as you already have) and it should work correctly.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X