Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'out of stock' for permutations not working - followed AUG

Hi,

I think I've followed everything to the letter here but still this does not appear to be working. I'll list my procedure and if anyone can help point out where I've slipped up it would be much appreciated:

1. I have a product called 'Raglan Shirt - Brown Stripe' and it comes in 5 sizes, each size has differing stock. I set up the product called 'Raglan Shirt - Brown Stripe' and I make sure that stock monitoring is not enabled.

2. I then set up 5 'hidden' products to represent each size of the shirt and enable stock monitoring and input the stock amounts. I've called these products '911s br 1' to '911s br 5' so that I can recognise these products in the list when I set up the permutations.

3. I set up a component which I can 'stock' and set this to allow 'selectable permutations'. I add to this the attribute 'size' and add five choices 1 - 5 for the five sizes.

4. I go into permutations and associate each size with each of the hidden products which represents that size.

5. I go to Design|Library|Conditions, right click on 'permutations' and add a new condition.

6. I call it IsAssociatedProductInStock and set the condition to ((<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::IsStockMonitored" /> == false) OR
    (<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::StockLevel" /> > <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::StockSuspendLevel" />))

7. I then go to the design tab and click on the permutation drop down list in my product 'Raglan shirt - brown stripe'.

8. In the layout 'drop down permutation list' I select the layout selector 'drop down permutation entry' and click 'insert block and input the following (<actinic:variable name="PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed" /> == FALSE) OR (<actinic:variable name="PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed" /> AND <actinic:variable name="IsAssociatedProductInStock" /> == TRUE)

I then test but the list still shows all the products.

Thanks for your help.

You seem to be doing it correctly. Can you tell me if any of the products that should not be appearing have the stock on the associated product set to below the warning level or out of stock?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Howdy,

Sorry for the delay ... I ended up chatting with Actinic Support ... I'm posting their answer incase it helps anyone else:

The AUG assumes that you are using the setting 'Name from Associated Product' ticked for each option within the permutation, whereas you do not, and are supplying the name in the actual permutation grid.

To make this operate you can do one of two things, either tick the 'Name from Associated Product' for each option in the permutation (then give each hidden product a more customer friendly name).

Or alternatively I have amended the code so that you can use your existing option, copy the code below: -

(<actinic:variable name="PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed" /> == FALSE) AND (<actinic:variable name="IsAssociatedProductInStock" /> == true) OR (<actinic:variable name="PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed" />)

and replace the 'block if' statement in the layout 'Drop Down Permutation List'.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though

Comment

Working...
      X