Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragments and Columns

Hi,

I am trying to change my fragment layout from 1 column, to 2 columns, then back to one, on my home page. I have searched the forums but can't make head nor tail of the advice given.

Is there a simple way to do this e.g. insert an html fragment when I want it to go to 2 columns, and another to change back to one?

Any help/advice (in laymans terms!) would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Aileen.

www.reelsndeals.com
    www.reelsndeals.com

Aileen

There is info on this in the forum as i read it myself quite recently, from memory it is a thread by 'fergusw' explaining how you can use actinic to do this. Alternatively you can as you say, just have a single 'text-only' fragment and embed your own html into this, which you may find easier. Either way you will need some html knowledge. If you want a uniform look then go the actinic route, if you want to chop and change per row, then go the embed route.

Comment

Thanks Lee. Managed to sort it.

Just incase anyone else is searching on this subject - what I wanted to do was have four clickable images in 2 colums. I ended up downloading Handy Image Mapper, putting the four clickable images into one image, adding a fragment (with a new layout), and copying the html from the image mapper into the new fragment in the design tab.

I also needed to add

<DIV align=center>

</DIV>

around my pasted html to center the clickable mapped image.

Hope that helps any other actinic rookies out there!
      www.reelsndeals.com

Comment

Oh hey ... thats a bit cack handed. Here is how I do it on non CSS sites .....

1. duplicate the fragment you are using in the library and rename to something obvious (fragment 2 columns)

2. open the new layout and wrap the existing table code between:

<tr colspan="2"> ..... </tr>

3. set the fragment column count in that section to 2

4. set the fragment you want to span to use the new "fragment 2 columns"

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,

Is there any way to get fragments into columns inside sections/sub sections, i can get it working with a brochure page, but ideally want it to work in the catalogue itself

Bash
          Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

Sorry, forgot URL:

http://www.sgtbash.co.uk/nineplus/ac...vertising.html

Comment

What is that page you have linked to? Are those a single column of fragment images?

Fragments are contained within the same layout list as for products. If you have products on the page that are single column and then need 2 column fragments you can do the same as I have suggested above ... edit the product layout to span 2 columns and set the product column to 2 at the section level.

I think there is also a suggestion in the AUG to remove fragments from the list.

I tend to circumvent by laying out in CSS to save too much messing though.

Bikster

Comment

ok awesome, would it work if i wanted 6 columns.

as you can see on that page there are 12 fragment images i would like them in 2 rows so 6 on each line.

Bash

Comment

Yes... just adjust the colspan accordingly.

If you are up to the coding I would go the CSS route and float the images inline ... this would then degrade more nicely should the browser window be reduced (tables would force a horizontal scroll)

Bikster

Comment

i dont know much css and by the effecs of me trying to add a colspan and it not going right, my html aint too good either LOL

Code:
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FragmentAnchor%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
                    <a name="<actinic:variable name='FragmentAnchor' />"></a>
                    </actinic:block> 
                    <table>
                    <tr colspan="6">
                    <td>
                    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0">
                       <tr>
                          <td valign="top" align="center">
                             <actinic:variable name="FragmentImage" />
                          </td>
                       </tr>
                    </table>
                    </td>
                    </tr>
                    </table>
                    i take it it isnt supposed to look like that?

Bash

Comment

Colspan is usually done on <td> not <tr> and it has to have 6 to span, which the above code doesn't. You might be in the wrong place.

Comment

ok, just copied the code that jont put up...

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbash
                          ok, just copied the code that jont put up...
                          Thats my fingers being out of sync with my so-called brain!

Bikster

Comment

It looks like you have 12 separate tables, if you want them tiled 6x2, then have 2 <tr>'s each with 6 <td>'s. The image code is then contained in each <td>. That should put them adjacent to each other or grab your balls and go CSS route.

Comment

You could also take the easy way out and simply add the images to the text field of 2 text only fragments.... 6 images in each fragment.. this would then allow for easy single column product placement.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                              X