Importing stock levels from V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing stock levels from V7

I'm nearly ready to go live with my V8.5.1 site now (just waiting on my Auth key really) but obviously, since I imported my snapshot from my V7.0.7 site a week ago, my stock levels have changed quite a lot. (I've deliberately not added new stock to my V7 site in the last week so it's literally just sold current items that I need to update)

The quickest and easiest way to bring my V8 site up to the current V7 levels is, I figure, to change all the stock levels myself rather than re-importing my current V7 snapshot which could do all sorts of things to the work I've been doing all week!!

So, question...is there a quick way to import JUST to current stock levels of my V7 website into my V8 catalog or am I going to have to run a stock report and do them all one by one?

I suspect the latter...but figured I'd ask first, just in case!!

Many thanks
    Tracey

Ok..I've done it now.
    Opened the 2 catalogs...minimised them to half screen each and went through the WHOLE catalog side by side (quicker than following pages of a printed report)

Took me aaaaaaaaaaaages but it's done now!
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
      Ok..I've done it now.
      Opened the 2 catalogs...minimised them to half screen each and went through the WHOLE catalog side by side (quicker than following pages of a printed report)

Took me aaaaaaaaaaaages but it's done now!

Exciting times at BB HQ!
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

well...I called for my authorisation key today so I *could* upload it live

but...I still have the non-working versions of the perl files (that are supposed to prevent the over-ordering malarky) uploaded so support can see the error I'm getting..so, without changing them back to the originals, I can't go "live" yet

I'm keen to find out why the fix isn't working as I really need it to!

what to do...what to do....

Originally posted by george
        exciting times at BB HQ
        oh yes...my day is filled with fun and excitement
        Tracey

Comment

Good luck with it all though Trace...
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
            Good luck with it all though Trace...
            ya know..it's funny..the more people who wish me "good luck" (I've had a couple of emails too) the more anxious I become

Cheers though, G

normal service will resume shortly!
            Tracey

Comment

Working...
            X