accounting software .. link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accounting software .. link

New Client, Brand new business, not yet up and running, wanting to link a new Actinic store to some accounting software. Apart from the Actinic bit, they haven't made their mind up about much else .. so .. bearing in mind everything is a clean sheet .. does anyone have any suggestions which of the two (Sage or Intuit) is the easiest and best to link data between the two systems or are they both exactly the same, with the same functionality - and it's 6 of one and half dozen of the other and basically down to which colour box you like best?

thanks.

David

Sage is preffered by most accountants as it is simular to microsoft the industry standard and highly expandable, but also the most expensive

Some talk about a year ago on the forum that quickbooks had a maximum no of customers or something simular (which people had outgrown i think, but cannot remember fully the problem)
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

thanks Chris

appreciate that .. does it link pretty straightforwardly into Actinic?

David

Comment

Quite simple, just load the link software that comes with actinic and you can see how it goes

Mind you you may be using catalogue in which case it wont work, I forget which is the lowest actinic program which accepts the link
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

should be ok ..

I am using 8.6.1 Multisite developer edition .. and the client will be using Business edition (when we get to that)

Comment

The Sage link is a 2 way link and allows orders to be transferred to customers in Sage, the quickbooks link is Actinic to quickbooks only and all orders are posted against a single generic account.

The key to linking is to have the same product references in both Sage and Actinic.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thank you

that then answers all the questions I have (for the moment obviously ..) thanks to all.

David

Comment

Im too am invstigating this solution. When does the syncronisation of stock levels occur? And has anyone had any bad experiences of this system (too my stock transactions etc) as it seems great to me.

Comment

Hi James,

When does the syncronisation of stock levels occur?
                  The Sage stock levels get updated when export the selected orders from Actinic.
                  You can then update stock levels from Sage via in import file.

I much prefer Sage to QB.
                  Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
                  X