Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fatal error importing snapshot - can't delete temp file

FATAL ERRORS
    (File ImportBackup.cpp, Line 286) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
    Library error - Can not delete the temporary file C:\DOCUME~1\luke\LOCALS~1\Temp\ts7071.tmp has been caught.
    I've checked privileges, he has "delete privileges" in the Temp folder

import was with "overwrite in target=All Content"

all of the other threads suggest compressing, but this is a total overwrite of an up and coming site - I've already tried compressing the database - nada

so the question is - has it 101% succesfully imported the snapshot or has it not quite finished - if its just in the tidy up dtage, then I don't care - if not ???

...Can not delete the temporary file C:\DOCUME~1\luke\LOCALS~1\Temp\ts7071.tmp has been caught.

Not sure how the Import process works but unless someone can come up with a better answer try these:

My observation - 2 scenarios:

Either
    (a) the offending file exists but Actinic can't delete it because of 'whatever'...
    OR
    (b) it wants do delete it and cant find it because it does'nt exist

Firstly, make a backup of everything so that all can be restored to the CURRENT state!

For (a) try using 'Windows Explorer' to navigate to the file and if exists, manually delete it and try again... If you cant delete it try re-naming it

If it doesnt exist - plan (b)... a cunning plan...

Use notepad to generate a small dummy file & save it. Use Windows Explorer to re-name that file to ts7071.tmp and place the dummy file in the appropriate directory for Actinic to find and delete...
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

Most likely scenario - just at the moment Actinic tried to delete the file, an anti-virus or anti-spam application was giving it a once over.

Try excepting the temp folder from av/as processing.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
        Most likely scenario - just at the moment Actinic tried to delete the file, an anti-virus or anti-spam application was giving it a once over.

Try excepting the temp folder from av/as processing.
        I believe that the temp folder is where many viruses/worms get extracted to, could it be leaving that machine vunarable?

I'm not 100% sure on that point but I would not like my temp directory un protected unless otherwise advised..

Perhaps an av guru could clarify that point...

[Side issue: Bill, your idea on weights worked - thanks]
        www.yandles.co.uk
        www.websilk.co.uk
        Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
        So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

thanks for ther replies

I'm an experienced network admin, so I've already checked the access rights for this one person in the temp folder - nothing wrong there.

I personally would never ever exempt Temp folder from the anti-virus checker - its a foolhardy thing to do, - there has to be a really really good reason to exempt things, and this aint one of them (I even scan the recyle-bin just in case there's a virus hiding there)

I've already TOTALLY emptied the Temp folder and then re-run the import, so its Actinic thats having the difficulty. - the system generates a brand new folder name each time you run the import (thats the idea of Temp) and should (but doesn't) tidy up at the end.

the problem I have is knowing how far from the end is the deleting of the Temp folder.
          when I'm importing, I acknowledge the error message, and the actinic process "appears" to continue and finally repaints the products tree before giving back the screen to the user. - but has it finished everything ?

Can someone from Actinic advise please?

Comment

so the question is - has it 101% succesfully imported the snapshot or has it not quite finished - if its just in the tidy up dtage, then I don't care - if not ???
            I am certain the import would have totally finished. What it might be worth checking is whether or not Actinic has succesfully created the 'OverwrittenSite.zip' file which contains the data from the overwritten site.

Comment

thats what I need to know - I'll check tonight when I next play on it.

ta

Comment

Working...
              X