Displaying the parent section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying the parent section

basically half of my page remains static for a section and the other half changes for different subsections so, for example, (it is a bike shop) if you go to helmets and the subsection called Shoei (a manufacturer), the right half of the page is headed "Shoei" but the left half still has the header of "Helmets"...

so, i can get it to display "Shoei" no problem since that is just the SectionName variable, but how to i get it to display the Level 1 section name permanently (or actually, just the parent) on the left?

let me try and say that in english, how do i get actinic to output the name of the relevant parent section? the section that is one step higher up in the hierarchy?

many thanks

Simon,

You need to use '<actinic:variable name="ParentSectionListTop" />' to get the bread crumb trail to appear.. this layout selector pulls in 2 layouts..
    <actinic:variable value="Compact Parent Section Link" name="ParentSectionLinkItem" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsParentSectionLinkShown%22%20%2f%3e" />
    and
    <actinic:variable value="Compact This Section Name" name="ParentSectionLinkItem" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsThisSectionNameShown%22%20%2f%3e" />
    The first provides the Parent section link and the second the current section... you can comment out the second option to suite your needs.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X