MP3 Sales/Digital Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 Sales/Digital Download

I'm using Actinic V8 (Business Multi User) to build an online store for my band.

I want to utilise the digital download service. I want to be able to sell by the album rather that individual track. Would putting the mp3s into a .zip file and having it uploaded do the trick or is there a way to mass upload an album at once that I am missing?
    Mostly Undercontruction...

Sounds like you have the best idea to me Barnaby, less storage, faster downloads, less bandwidth, quicker service and one single file instead of umpteen singles.

Comment

I want to utilise the digital download service. I want to be able to sell by the album rather that individual track. Would putting the mp3s into a .zip file and having it uploaded do the trick or is there a way to mass upload an album at once that I am missing?
      Actinic has to do the uploading as it has to give each DD a unique name, but as far as i know you can feed actinic either zip file or mp3.

So in theory you could offer a album in zip format and individual tracks as mp3

Comment

We have our material up on iTunes already but getting money from them is like trying to get blood from a stone.

I just want to offer roughly the same service via our site. I will go with the .zip file for now until a better idea comes along. Still its a good 90mb upload per album, gotta test it too.

Comment

Highly recommend sticking a playlist file in with the zip too... maintain your intended running-order...
          Cheers!
          Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

and the cover as a jpg.

called: folder.jpg

most media players, including my xbox, like it best when you do this.

Comment

The image for the album cover is in the .zip file

The tracks are numbered so should remain in the intended order.

The site is now live, still have a few bits to do but the downloads should be live, I've tested it as much as I could.

The problem I seem to have though is paypal is adding £1 to the order price? Any ideas why this is happening?

Comment

Shipping being charged or a surcharge is in place.

Comment

yeah found it last night from a previous batch of settings i had for the bands store using paypal buttons n cart

http://www.zerocipher.com its a bit bare on content but i have a few plans for some additional bits but comments welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                  X