Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register Design With Actinic

Hi

I have just created a simple design with Dreamweaver 8.

I went to Register It With Actinic and the appropriate dialog box opens.

However, instead of seeing 'Use this Design for......<all page types>, Section, Brochure, Store Front Page, etc', I am seeing 'Use this Design for......<all selectors>, Standard Layout, Brochure Layout, LoginPageLayout, etc'.

How do I get this dialog box to show Design for......<all page types>, Section, Brochure, Store Front Page, etc.

Sounds like you have opened a layout in DW from within Actinic and it is confused on what you want to do. Close both down and try again to see if error still persists.

Comment

Strange this as my design.html file is in a dedicated site folder with all necessary images - I am still seeing 'Use this Design for......<all selectors>, Standard Layout, Brochure Layout, LoginPageLayout, etc'.

I tried reinstalling 8.5.1 and Dreamweaver 8 - problem still persists.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Comment

Hi there

What you're experiencing here is a change that was made in 8.5.1.

When you apply a design, it isn't possible to assign it to an individual page - e.g. 'Checkout Page 1' - the 'Select Pages' screen was actually largely incorrect in this respect. What you can do is add the layout into the drop down lists within Actinic - especially the ones in the 'Site' part of 'Site Options | Layout'.

These 'Selectors' you are looking at are the things that control those drop down lists, and so now you can select which drop down lists to add the newly registered design into.

Sorry that the help is now out of date. I'll make sure it gets changed.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me Chris.

Comment

Still having a problem with registering with Actinic unfortunately.

I am pretty new to this technique - when I register with Actinic all that is appearing is the divs that I have placed in the design as placeholders for the likes of QuicksearchBar, Navigation Bar, InnerLayout, etc.

The rest of the page design divs don't appear - so that includes, for instance, main area, banner, footer etc - some of these include a background image.

The design html files and stylesheet reside in the same My Documents/Actinic v8 subfolder for the project in question - all the relevant files seem to be in the root of this folder.

Any ideas or a pointer to info on this would be gratefully received.

Comment

John,

Are you using the 'Actinic' tab in Dreamweaver to insert the Actinic Content?

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Yes, I used the 'Actinic' tab in Dreamweaver to insert the Actinic Content and this content appears in Actinic - just the rest of the design doesn't?

Comment

John,

I would suggest raising this with support if you have not managed to make any progress as yet.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X