Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free delivery message in product layout

Free shipping message.

We are doing free shipping when you spend £50 or more and I would like to have a message displayed on each product where the price is over £50.

Something like' This item qualifies for free delivery'.

Is this possible and does it involve lots of code?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

There is a couple of 'price' variables available. All you would need to do is create a blockif which tested whether the price was over £50, if it was then include an image or text as you desire.

What you want to show if the condition is met is simply put in between the blockif. In basic terms, it will be something like:

blockif price variable > 50

<p>Free Delivery On this Product</p>

/block

Comment

THanks Lee, I've been mucking about with something similar without success. I'll give it a go.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Main thing to find out Steve is the format of the price that the variable provides. It may be net of vat, in pence, in pounds or a combo of these. Simply add it into a layout temporarily and see what it adds in relation to what the price is. Once you know this, you can then set the rule. If its nett of vat for example, you need to set the condition on greater that 42.55 etc.

Comment

Still not got this sorted. Used variable 'Price' but get nothing displayed. Do I need to use a condition or something? I have read through the help but can't quite understand what I am doing.

I have:

block if

Price > 50

<p>Free delivery on this item<p>

/block

But get no joy. Am I using the wrong variable? We use Executive.
          Blank DVD
          Cloth Nappies

Comment

The variable Product Price Raw is the retail price minus the VAT, if you run the condition on that, it will work as i've just tried it myself. It does appear to round down the price so need to be aware, for £50 free delivery you will probably need to get the blockif acting on prices over or equal to 42.

It may be worth also checking to see if there are any more suitable variable to use, there appears to be a few, include them all temporarily into a layout and see which one is best and easiest to use.

Comment

OK, I'm getting confused now (easilly done). I've got

<actinic:block if="">
              <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceRaw" /> > 6

<p>Free Delivery<p>
              </actinic:block>

It comes up with

'the price' > 6
              Free Delivery

How does the condition work. Do I need to set it for the variable productpriceraw? I've read the help but don't really get the whole concept of conditions.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

It looks like you are putting the condition within the area that is for the text that you want to show. If you double click on the opening blockif, it will give you the window where you should be putting it.

If you are a little lost on how these work, just take a look at an existing one, double click on the opening blockif and all will become clear. At the moment you are not asking an if at all, denoted by this part here in your code:

<actinic:block if="">

That's doing nothing.

Comment

We've done this with the following code

Code:
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%3d%2050"><b><font color="#CC0000">Free UK Delivery with this product</font></b><br /></actinic:block>
                  Hope this helps

Jos
                  Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
                  www.internetology.co.uk
                  Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Cheers guys,

Thats done it. Never thought of double clicking the block if.

Doh.

Using >= 42.55 works perfectly with productpriceraw
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                    X