• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

condition help: current item

hi,

if for example i have a condition:

SectionLevel == 2

what i actually need is for it to be (in english) "if the section level is 1 less than the current level"

is there a way to do this?

was thinking something like SectionLevel == (Current::SectionLevel - 1) but there is no such command... does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

there is in php.

pass the variable to php and use its conditional operators.

Comment

oh right ok, i did try doing something like that but couldn't get it quite right could you elaborate a bit? can you just use the <actinic variable> idea within php code?

Comment

can you just use the <actinic variable> idea within php code
        Yes.

Code:
        $slevel = <actinic:variable name="SectionLevel" selectable="false"/>;
        If you are passing a string, use single quotes and

Code:
        $sname = '<actinic:variable name="SectionName" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>';
        The encoding="perl" tells Actinic to escape single quotes.

The selectable="false" prevents Actinic putting in unwanted diagnostic code during Design Previews.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks guys - i'll have a go in a bit

Comment

i've had a go but ran into some integration problems...

i did this:

Code:
            <ul>
            <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList" >  
            <actinic:block php='true' selectable='false'>

$sLevel = <actinic:variable name="SectionLevel" selectable="false"/>;
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel == ($sLevel + 1)">

<li><a href="<actinic:variable Name="SectionPageName"/>"><actinic:variable Name="SectionName"/></a></li>

</actinic:block>

</ul>
            but i dont think it likes me putting php within the actinic variable which i can understand to to it being parsed first... could someone point me in the right direction i'm having trouble getting my head around it...

Comment

You'll have to put that <li.....> line within a PHP echo statement.

Also your logic is wrong. You'll be comparing 2 identical values. You'll have to rethink.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

aahhh right, makes sense, but then this problem comes back to my original question of how to reference the current section level...

i realise now i am comparing the same (which will always be false) but i can't see how it could be done without an actinic variable for current::x?

Comment

Hi Simon,

Like Norman said, you're comparing a variable reference with itself in the PHP and hence having the problem. What is it that you're trying to achieve- there may be another way of working the logic out?

Regards,
                  Lara Clark

SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X