Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best tips for SEO?

Hi,

I was just wondering what your best tips for getting your products found in the search engines.

I have done all the on site seo so the site is fully optimized but what would you say was the best way to promote your products.

I have seen a couple of mods to get your products into froogle etc but would like to know other peoples opinions.

Adam

Hi,

There a several methods you can use to market your products.

SEO as you have already mentioned - bear in mind it can take time for your rankings to build up in the search engines (more so with new sites) but is a good source of free traffic. NB: Search engines tweak the algorithms they use to rank pages in the natural listings and so sometimes traffic levels can fluctuate form this method and so IMO it is always worth trying out some other marketing methods too.

Pay Per Click (PPC) such as Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing etc - these are the sponsored results that appear above and alongside the natural listings in Google etc - This is a good way to deliver targetted traffic to you site. You choose the terms your ads appear for, the ad text the user sees, and how much your are willing to pay when someone clicks through on your ad. More than likely you will need to play around with using different search terms, ad copy and bids to find the best mix for your site. You can implement conversion tracking such as Google Conversion tracking so that you can see which terms perform well for you and allowing you to allocate your budget accordingly. NB: always make sure you keep a good eye on your budget and spend - there a quite a few posts in forums of people who have not spent enough time thinking about the keywords and bids they use and then end up getting lots of untargetted clicks resulting in high costs with 0 to little return.

Affiliates - you can sign up to an affiliate network and their affiliates can help promote and drive traffic your site - you then pay commission (if for sales then generally a percentage of the sale valuye) on any sales/leads etc they generate. A big advantage if this is that by paying a percentage commission based on sales value you can make sure you work well within your margins. You also only pay for traffic that generates sales. There are a variety of ways affiliates can promote your site including banners, product feeds, text links etc.

Product Feeds - submitting products to froogel, google base etc - again is another way to generate free traffic.

There are also quite a few other methods but these are the main ones I currently focus on.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Comment

I have done all the on site seo so the site is fully optimized
      If you posted your url then perhaps we could comment if the site is fully optimised or not - if it is then you should be at N01 for all your keywords and have no worries

Comment

Working...
      X