'contact us' button error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'contact us' button error

I have just uploaded a shop site and when I try to test the 'contact us' button at the top of the page to send an email to the store, I get 'Error returned from SMTP server (4: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user catalog@*********.com)'
    It works if I enter the 'catalog@*********.com' address (as I own this address), all other addresses are rejected!

Is this because I have entered a user name and password in the SMTP settings?
    The account won't allow sending without these.

The email function works fine if I order from the catalog, I get a notification as a purchaser and also the shop receives one, so SMTP works here OK, it's just the 'contact' button that's not working.

Thanks
    Terry

The contact us uses a .pl script and not regular email. May be worth refreshing the site to see if that resolves - if not re-instate the original scripts from the back up folder and upload again.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for that info. I am trying to get this site up and running for a company who's previous admin for the site removed all files and left them in the lurch.

I only have a snapshot to work from and no original scripts. I have the site working perfectly including SSL, the only thing broken is the 'contact us' error. I've tried refreshing the site but it stays the same.

Any idea here could I get the script from in the absence of a back up folder?

Comment

Hi Terry

You can have Actinic restore the un-modified scripts from the Original folder, by going into Help | Troubleshooting and selecting the Website Purge and Refresh option. Here you have a "Delete Perl files and restore from Original Folder" checkbox, which will revert the Perl files to the factory settings, and completely refresh the site.

Could you also post a site URL here so we can check the error log for more detailed errors?
        Another point worth checking (since you say the mail function works offline). is whether the hosting company has any spam filter which might be rejecting the other addresses, or preventing their relay.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika

I have just run 'compare perl scripts' under troubleshooting and it says the 'scripts have not been modified compared to the actinic originals'.

If I run 'Website Purge and Refresh', will that affect any orders that are in progress as the site is live?

The site URL is www.esslabshop.com if you want to see the error log.

There is no spam filter working as I can tell because I am using the same email to send a 'contact us' message as I am for the test orders I made, these all received confirmation emails from the shop, so the SMTP relay is working but it won't send out a message from 'contact'

Thanks for your help.
          Terry

Comment

Hi Terry

Have had a look at the logs. Checking the case history of previous support issues with the same SMTP error, it was usually down to an issue with the Hosting company.

In one of the cases it was found that the domain of sender address is not in the LAN of the SMTP server. Could you please check this bit with the Host?
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X