Geotrust Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geotrust Problem

I am building my first actinic site and wanted to show the Geotrust logo on my site. So I decided that I would put the following script in a fragment on a brochure page.
    !!<<!-- GeoTrust True Site[tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. --> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="http:\\smarticon.geotrust.com\si.js"></SCRIPT>
    <!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->>!!
    Obviously a major error in my thinking.
    When I try to open or delete the brochure page, the system crashes and actinic refuses to respond.
    I have tried to find the brochure page in the Site file to delete it or edit it in Dreamweaver, but I can't find it.
    Please can someone help me resolve this problem and tell me how I can include the Geotrust script on selected pages.
    many thanks

I too have a GeoTrust logo on my site (use below link) and all is fine. The only difference I can see is that I have shown it on (nearly) every page, so as those people who land directly on a product page, for example, will still see that the site is secure. The problem may be that it doesn't like the code embedded in a fragment.

Try disabling the design window, as it may be the preview that is causing it to crash - you should still be able to view the fragment code.

You could then try putting the code into a general layout to make it viewable across more pages.

HTH

Chris
    Ladies Swimwear
    www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

Geotrust Problem

Many thanks, problem solved.
      I have now put the script onto the index page and it seems to be ok.

By the way, nice site

Christine

Comment

Working...
      X