Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ahh...if it's not one thing it's another!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh...if it's not one thing it's another!

|'ve just installed 8.5.1 onto a a new laptop..installed snapshot..downloaded the orders that have been sat up there all day waiting (long story!) and am updating the website.

For some reason..I am getting the following popping up over and over (different products each time..presumably duplicates?)

A page named 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML\info_EJ_805_10_12.html' has already been generated for the extended info page 'Emma Jane Support/Maternity Top 10/12'. The same page name is used for the extended info page 'NEW Emma Jane Support/Maternity Top 10/12' and therefore the previously created page will be overwritten.

Do you wish to continue the upload?
    It's never done it before and I've had my V8 site moved from laptop to pc..back to laptop..reinstalled on laptop..and run today on the pc..without it ever happening!!

I can click continue for each one...but it's a pain in the proverbial..

What's causing it? anyone know?
    Thanks in advance
    Tracey

My first port of call would to be to look on the extended info tab of the products mentioned in the messages and compare them. I would expect to see that you have duplicate page names across products. Therefore as Actinic goes to upload, it is telling you that you have duplicates and asking you what to do.

It may be highlighting these to you now as it is a new upload from a new PC. A lot of the error messages will not show again if you choose to ignore them, which is why it is very important to pay attention to each one as they are given - they are there to help you, not piss you off.

Comment

There ahs been some recent posts on this subject and possible solutions - I think jo had the same problem a while back

Comment

oh, thanks Malcolm..I mustn't have been searching using the right words again lol
        surprised I missed it initially.

#Right, I've discovered that if I go through EVERY product it's highlighting...one by one..and clikc "reset duplicates" it's fixing it

Trouble is there are dozens of them and I'm having to do an upload after each reset to see where the next one is (and check it fixed the previous one!)

Don't know what it's doing it...or why now..but at least I seem to be able to fix it

Blimmin thing!
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          My first port of call would to be to look on the extended info tab of the products mentioned in the messages and compare them. I would expect to see that you have duplicate page names across products. Therefore as Actinic goes to upload, it is telling you that you have duplicates and asking you what to do.
          I did that...but the 2 producst it's comparing..one is the original..and one a duplicate..so surely they're supposed to have the same page names?

they are there to help you, not piss you off.
          LOL
          At times, I wonder!!!
          Tracey

Comment

it is very important to pay attention to each one as they are given - they are there to help you, not piss you off.
            They can drive you insane as it is not 100% perfect (this is v8 after all)

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Im seeing a problem with duplicates when importing a snapshot not transfering the original duplicte settings which may be an indication that page names are not being transfered and so actinic is trying to regenerate them???????

Comment

that makes sense, Malcolm, yeh

Funny thing is..I imported this very same snapshot onto my pc earlier and had no problems with it at all

Anyway.. went through each in turn, resetting duplicates and all's well now

Apologies for bothering the forum once again with my mithering LOL
                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                X